Announcing Pregnancy at Disneyland

Laurawill

Mouseketeer
We are scheduled for an extended family vacation to Disneyland in less than 2 weeks and I was VERY surprised yesterday by a positive home pregnancy test (we have been trying for nearly 4 years and didn't use any fertility aids this time). My MIL and SIL will figure it out in no time since I won't be going on my favorite rides (TOT and CA Screamin) so I decided to just tell them when we get there. Anybody have any ideas for a fun way to tell. The best I have come up with so far are either new ears for our DD4 that say Big Sister, or a First Visit Button to be pinned at belly level. We thought about a character meal where they give my daughter the ears that we would bring wrapped up ahead of time? Trying to decide if it is worth the extra $$ to go for a dinner at Goofy's the night we get there instead of Minnie's on our last day... Any other ideas of fun ways to tell the family?

Congradulations.

While your ideas sound fine, if pregnancy has been an issue you may want to get further along before making a big deal out of it.

We told everyone we were pregnant with our second on mothers day. In all of the mothers cards we put a 5x7 printable that said something like:
Pink or Blue, only time will tell. We are expecting #2 in January 2010.

Everyone was really surprised and it was a good way to do it for us.

Congradulations.

While your ideas sound fine, if pregnancy has been an issue you may want to get further along before making a big deal out of it.

I was planning on waiting to tell if/when I got pg but the DL trip throws a kink in things. I am only telling the family because they're DEFINITELY going to know something is up.

It's family!!! Like you said they'll know, so you might as well find a fun way to tell them.

I like your idea about the ears. Whether you do it at one of the hat shops or at Goofy's, this one gets my vote.

Enjoy and have a safe trip!

On our last trip to disneyland i found out i was having a boy 5 weeks before we left and kept it a secret - we bought a mickey ears hat and a vinylmation and sent them an email obivously *** they were in Australia and we were at disneyland

but maybe somethng along the same lines would make it fun for you and them to remember this magical disney time

Congrats on the baby!

Maybe an "I'm Celebrating" button and take a sharpie and right "Being a Big Sister" and have DD wear it.

Maybe a trip over to Baby Care would be in order. If your 4 yr old asks why you are there, let them know you are giving the tour to the baby. When she says - but I'm not a BABY, that's when you pop the news!

Or maybe take them into the baby clothing shop on your first walk down Main Street - the one just before the China Shop on the right - making a big deal about needing to stop and look at something important in there. When they ask what they are doing THERE, break the news and buy a new plush or unisex outfit for the baby!

My DS (2 at the time) announced our upcoming arrival by wearing a shirt that said, "I have some big news" on the front and "I'm going to be the best big brother" on the back. I had it made on ETSY. It was a huge hit.

I love the button idea!!!

I was told you can only write "proper" names on the ears. :( Otherwise, that is an adorable idea!

Either way, you should get the button for DD and your tummy!
Congrats!

Congratulations! I know all about those fertility treatments. How wonderful that you got pregnant without any!

My good friend and co-worker brought cookies to work one morning. They were pink and blue and each one had a letter on it. Together they said, "I'm pregnant!" Could you maybe order a special cake to be delivered to your table with a message on it?

Maybe an "I'm Celebrating" button and take a sharpie and right "Being a Big Sister" and have DD wear it.

This is a cute idea, especially since then I wouldn't have to shell out the $$ for new ears for DD, since Grandma just bought all the granddaughters new matching ones.

Thanks everyone for the input, I will update after the fact with what we did and hopefully I will have a few pictures to share as well.

I love the "first visit" button on the belly idea! And the name can be "in the oven" or just "new baby!!"

Or as said before, your DD wear a button that says "I'm going to be a big sister" and go to dinner somewhere where you can have everyone sitting down together and announce the idea.

What a fun way to be able to tell everyone. Have a great trip, and Congratulations!! :yay:

This is how my sister and her husband surprised us when we were all at DLR. We were having lunch at the Big Thunder BBQ and my sister passed out I'm Celebrating buttons to everyone. I thought it was because it was her birthday. But when we turned them over to pin them, on the back was a sticker with the announcement on it and the due date. We were all very surprised and happy! I thought it was a cute idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter