• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anniversary Trip!

NHKristy76

Senior Mousketeer
Back in early October my husband shocked me when he agreed to take a quick (3 night / 4 day) trip down to WDW to celebrate our anniversary. He agreed to it because I showed him a passholder price at POP that he just couldn't refuse. :thumbsup2

Since that day, I have been thinking more and more about our honeymoon at the WL 13 years ago... I wanted to try to recapture those days (although there's no way we could swing 15 days nowadays!) and the idea of relaxing on the couch, sipping hot chocolate, and staring at the beautiful Christmas tree was literally keeping me up at night... (I've literally been dreaming about it!)

This afternoon my DH says, "You know what? I'm thinking that you are right. The Wilderness Lodge is much more romantic - let's switch!" After I caught my breath, I called DRC and made the switch!

The CM I spoke with, I wish I had caught her name, was so friendly and helpful I thought I was talking to an old friend. She honestly seemed as excited as I was about our switch to the WL! We chatted about leaving kids at home and enjoying an adults only vacation (my daughter was giving me the stink eye as I talked with the CM) and then she said, "I'm going to do my best to get you an upgrade to a concierge level room! I'm putting all sorts of notes in here about how you spent your honeymoon here, had originally booked Pop for this trip but just had to be at the lodge..." She also said there were no promises but that all CMs love a love story and they'd do their very best! pixiedust:

Honestly, I would LOVE a concierge level room. But we just can't swing it this time and I would be over the moon if we were upgraded. With that said, I know it's a long shot but I will be thrilled to go home to my lodge at Christmastime!

I want to sing from the rooftops right now... but I don't want to throw it in my DD10's face so I'll just post here. Thanks for reading! :wave2:

Back in early October my husband shocked me when he agreed to take a quick (3 night / 4 day) trip down to WDW to celebrate our anniversary. He agreed to it because I showed him a passholder price at POP that he just couldn't refuse. :thumbsup2

Since that day, I have been thinking more and more about our honeymoon at the WL 13 years ago... I wanted to try to recapture those days (although there's no way we could swing 15 days nowadays!) and the idea of relaxing on the couch, sipping hot chocolate, and staring at the beautiful Christmas tree was literally keeping me up at night... (I've literally been dreaming about it!)

This afternoon my DH says, "You know what? I'm thinking that you are right. The Wilderness Lodge is much more romantic - let's switch!" After I caught my breath, I called DRC and made the switch!

The CM I spoke with, I wish I had caught her name, was so friendly and helpful I thought I was talking to an old friend. She honestly seemed as excited as I was about our switch to the WL! We chatted about leaving kids at home and enjoying an adults only vacation (my daughter was giving me the stink eye as I talked with the CM) and then she said, "I'm going to do my best to get you an upgrade to a concierge level room! I'm putting all sorts of notes in here about how you spent your honeymoon here, had originally booked Pop for this trip but just had to be at the lodge..." She also said there were no promises but that all CMs love a love story and they'd do their very best! pixiedust:

Honestly, I would LOVE a concierge level room. But we just can't swing it this time and I would be over the moon if we were upgraded. With that said, I know it's a long shot but I will be thrilled to go home to my lodge at Christmastime!

I want to sing from the rooftops right now... but I don't want to throw it in my DD10's face so I'll just post here. Thanks for reading! :wave2:

Hey There NH! (I'm about 15 minutes from you :goodvibes)

That is wonderful!!! We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary at WL this summer (though we DID bring the kiddos) and it was wonderful! We did stay CL and it was a great experience. Here's hoping for some pixie dust for you!!! :wizard:

Time to change that ticker!!!

Congrats on your 10 years!

We went to the Beach Club this summer (first ever summer trip!) and did CL for the first time. Loved it! :cool1: We brought our daughter along for that trip and she'll be coming along on our multi family trip in January - just can't see taking her out of school twice. Plus, we need a second honeymoon! :love::love:

I know I'm going to be checking out all the CL details for the Wilderness Lodge now in hopes that the DRC CM is able to pull some strings! :worship:

We just got back from a 10th anniversary trip last week. We also stayed 3 nights and 4 days which was perfect. It was the most relaxing Disney vacation we have ever had. We didn't tell our kids where we were going ahead of time to avoid being asked to go along or hurt feelings, but we told them when we got back and surprisely, they were fine with it. It was even more relaxing than our honeymoon at POR 10 years ago. I think we just really worried about nothing. It was loads of fun. Enjoy your time away. I highly recommend it.

Congrats on your 10 years!

We went to the Beach Club this summer (first ever summer trip!) and did CL for the first time. Loved it! :cool1: We brought our daughter along for that trip and she'll be coming along on our multi family trip in January - just can't see taking her out of school twice. Plus, we need a second honeymoon! :love::love:

I know I'm going to be checking out all the CL details for the Wilderness Lodge now in hopes that the DRC CM is able to pull some strings! :worship:

We are staying at BC in April! We're debating CL, but you really loved it??? :scratchin

Congratulations on 13 years and your upgrade! I hope you and your husband have a great time at WL! :goodvibes

Lovely!
I hope you get that upgrade, I got one for/on my Bday so ya just never know pixiedust:
Have a wonderful time.....
Oh, and CONGRATS on the upcoming Anniversary!

Congrats on switching to the WL. WL is just gorgeous at Christmas time and CL is amazing. Sending lots of pixie dust for that CL upgrade pixiedust:.

Thanks guys! I am so excited - not sure how I'm going to get through the next 2 weeks!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

I love the WL at Christmastime... It is truly my happy place. I just told my DH that at this rate, I don't really even care if we leave the hotel. I plan to really take it easy on this trip and just soak up the ambiance at the hotel. I just want to sit on the couch with my hot chocolate and stare at that tree!

I'm definitely hoping for the CL upgrade but am trying not to get my hopes up. It's so hard to do! :banana::banana::banana:

We are staying at BC in April! We're debating CL, but you really loved it??? :scratchin

We had a great time at the BC and enjoyed the perks of CL. With that said, I don't think we're likely to return to the BC again. It has nothing to do with anything they did wrong, we had great customer service and the room was spotless, and we liked the walk to Epcot.

For us, the WL is the ultimate in comfort and I think, now that we've done BC, I'm more likely to save money and return to the WL. I liked SAB but not enough to justify the added expense!

We had a great time at the BC and enjoyed the perks of CL. With that said, I don't think we're likely to return to the BC again. It has nothing to do with anything they did wrong, we had great customer service and the room was spotless, and we liked the walk to Epcot.

For us, the WL is the ultimate in comfort and I think, now that we've done BC, I'm more likely to save money and return to the WL. I liked SAB but not enough to justify the added expense!

I can understand that! WL was absolutely :cloud9: for us, but we wanted to try something new. DH said that if we don't love BC as much, it's back to WL for our next trip. :goodvibes

Enjoy your trip!!!

We'll be celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary on thanksgiving day. Then leaving for WL on Saturday. Can't wait. Love the WL. My wonderful DH gives me a trip to WDW every year for our anniversary.

We'll be celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary on thanksgiving day. Then leaving for WL on Saturday. Can't wait. Love the WL. My wonderful DH gives me a trip to WDW every year for our anniversary.

Congrats! Maybe we'll bump into each other in the lobby. We'll be the ones cuddling by the Christmas tree! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter