• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anniversary trip, which resort: Poly or Yacht/Beach Club

Alexsandra

Ready for the next adventure
Hi there, I am looking for some input. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and we decided to leave the kids back home and take our first romantic getaway since they were born. We have been to disney several times with the kids and always stayed at mod. Resorts.
Now we want to splurge and can't decide which resort would be better for romance.

We love the restaurants at the Polynesian and thought the Tropical theme would be a good romantic setting but Beach or Yacht club seem like good options too with their pools and lazy river and the fact that they are on the boardwalk.

Which would you reccomend and why. Also if there are any resorts that you think would be better, we are open.

Thanks

Which would you reccomend and why. Also if there are any resorts that you think would be better, we are open.

Thanks

For an adults trip, I'd go with the BC/YC. There's a lot of evening activities there. You've got all WS to stroll around in and enjoy adult beverages. There's Jelly Rolls and the Dance Hall. You can relax in a hot tub at Stormalong Bay. You can splurge and get a room on the club level for some extra pampering.

The Poly is a beautiful resort, and it's also a nice choice. I think for an adult trip having just the MK nearby might limit easy nights out.

We did BC for our 10th anniversary getaway and have no regrets. It was great (and we couldn't wait to come back with the kids!).

We loved the location next to Epcot and close to DHS. The pool was a lot of fun and the staff were great and so friendly. Loved being close to the Boardwalk -- dinner at Flying Fish and also hit Shula's at the Dolphin. Enjoyed the Crew Cup lounge at YC as well as Hurricane Hannah's pool bar. Loved ordering drinks from the lounge chairs around the pool (Rocky the waitress is awesome).

We stayed at the Poly a few years before that for a long weekend as I had always wanted to stay there. We liked it but didn't love it and definitely felt more "romantic" at YC/BC.

No hot tub at Poly if that make a difference, also no king size beds. You can request one at YC/BC but cannot be guaranteed.

Also not sure when you plan on going, but if it is during the Food & Wine Festival you REALLY should stay at YC/BC! We stayed at Poly (originally had booked at YC but changed -- had to wait a few more years to learn which resort felt like home to us) and it wasn't so easy to get there as if we could have made the 5 minute walk.

Congrats on the 10 years! and hope you have a wonderful trip.

Even though Poly is my favorite resort, I also vote for BC/YC for an adults only trip. The walk around the BW is absolutely beautiful and so romantic. I spend most of my time at Epcot and the BW area so this works for me.

One thing I found especially romantic was finding the cute, small bars at each of the resorts. Each afternoon we had a drink and app at a different bar. I had to ask at the desk of BW and BC for directions. The YC bar was a little easier to find.

I also love spending entire evenings strolling around Epcot and really having the opportunity to enjoy the entertainment - make sure you sit back and let the park empty out before you leave. So cool and romantic to feel like the last people leaving Epcot and taking that romantic stroll back to BC.

Well, we are huge fans of both resorts but, when DH and I start dreaming of an adult trip (someday...) it is BC/YC or BWI that dominates our thoughts. Strolling the Boardwalk or World Showcase in the evenings, beverages in hand, seems ideal to us.

I would definitely recommend BC/YC!!! Love the proximity to Epcot where you can stroll over to France and have dinner and dessert!

Thank you so much for all the feed back.
I guess that settles it! I think we will go to The yacht/beach club. I was attracted to the fact it was on the boardwalk and near Epcot but now I see that there is even more fun stuff for couples.
Can't wait!;)

Hi there, I am looking for some input. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and we decided to leave the kids back home and take our first romantic getaway since they were born. We have been to disney several times with the kids and always stayed at mod. Resorts.
Now we want to splurge and can't decide which resort would be better for romance.

We love the restaurants at the Polynesian and thought the Tropical theme would be a good romantic setting but Beach or Yacht club seem like good options too with their pools and lazy river and the fact that they are on the boardwalk.

Thanks

I'm in the minority that I would choose the Poly. We've stayed at both the BC and Poly and while we did love the BC, the Poly is our favorite. The BC/YC is great that it is within walking distance to Epcot and DHS and the boardwalk is nice, but the Poly (for us) can't be beat for having the beach to watch the fireworks while relaxing in a hammock, as well as having a distant view of the castle from the pool. Plus it's very romantic (IMO) walking around at night under the lit tiki torches. The Epcot area is beautiful, but I think the Poly atmosphere is more romantic. With all of that said, it's a matter of preference as far as theme/decor and surroundings and both resorts are great, so I'm sure you have a great trip no matter what.

The Poly is my favourite resort (I've stayed at all of these resorts) so my first thought was to choose the Poly .... However the previous posters made some strong arguments for BC/YC ...now I am confused too :confused3

For an adult-only trip to YC/BC, I recommend YC. It has a quieter and more refined atmosphere, and all rooms have full balconies- some rooms at BC do not.

It is a hard decision because both resorts seem great. Y/C also appeals to me more than B/C. The rooms look nicer ans it seems like a more quiet location.

I also have another option. i am going back with the kids for march break . Maybe looking into renting DVC. I could Try B/C villa with them and go to Poly on our anniversary! What do you think?

If it was me I would think about how I want to spend my evenings. Would it be at nice, long dinners with a walk along the beach to watch Wishes? Or would it be by walking through the World Showcase or checking out the entertainment on the Boardwalk? It is easy to get to MK from the Poly, and easy to get to Epcot or HS from the YC.

Either resort would be nice.

Hi.:) We spent our 25th at the Poly and really loved it. It was nice to be on the monorail because most of our meals were at the monorail resorts. It was a very romantic resort with long strolls among the tiki torches and sitting on the beach cuddling watching the electric water parade and fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.:)

Hi.:) We spent our 25th at the Poly and really loved it. It was nice to be on the monorail because most of our meals were at the monorail resorts. It was a very romantic resort with long strolls among the tiki torches and sitting on the beach cuddling watching the electric water parade and fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.:)

Sound nice! Congrats on the 25th mark!

Thank you so much for all the feed back.
I guess that settles it! I think we will go to The yacht/beach club. I was attracted to the fact it was on the boardwalk and near Epcot but now I see that there is even more fun stuff for couples.
Can't wait!;)

YC or BWI/BWV - both are more elegant and less noisy than the BC/BCV, IMHO. BC/BCV is more geared for little ones, IMHO (great for toddlers).
:)

I love them both...

Poly if you want to watch Wishes from a hammock on the beach...

YC if you like to spend your evenings at Epcot WS, looking at the "countries" and watching Illuminations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter