• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anniversary Pic

graeme1299

Mouseketeer
Thinking of framing this pic with a large matt and including a letter/note inside the frame to my wife for our anniversary. Decent idea or no?
TheExcellenceofLove.jpg

I have seen that image done many times, and every single one, no matter how much two look that same, I love it. I think she will love it too. I am guessing you blurred the image on a separate layer, and then masked out the words? very nice touch. :thumbsup2

BTW, I was very interested in seeing it in B&W, so i hope you don't mind, I just did a very quick default B&W image conversion in PS. I think it looks better, but then again, I am a sucker for B&W.

TheExcellenceofLove.jpg

This is the first time I have seen this composition. I love it!

How big of a matt? Maybe something offest more towards one corner so you have more room for the note on the large side of the matt.

Mikeeee

B & W is fine. I like it. I ran a Gaussian Blur (around 5 I think)) masked it and also soft focused the other words. Increased contrast and sharpness on the clear verses.

I'm thinking of using an 8x10 total matted image (image + note) framed in 11x14.

very nice, just wondering if that is really the shadow of the ring? what a nice idea...hmm wonder if i could steal it for hubby( how inappropriate is that, stealing the Bible;) ) but i think i like the color on the original best personally

very nice, just wondering if that is really the shadow of the ring? what a nice idea...hmm wonder if i could steal it for hubby( how inappropriate is that, stealing the Bible;) ) but i think i like the color on the original best personally

It is the actual shadow. Stealing is OK. I'm glad you like it and I hope wife does too.

Love the shadow--what a great effect. And I agree with Janet about the color version; I like the warmth. I'm thinking I might like it even better without the blur. Nice work.

I would love to receive this gift. I prefer the warmth of the color version also. Not sure if I like the blur either. What does it look like without?

This is straight out of camera.
Anniversaryoutofcamera.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback. I really do appreciate it. Ya'll have given me some hope.

WOW!! I LOVE that!! I agree with several others that the color is warmer - but I also really like the subtitle for the chapter - "The Excellence of Love" - anyway to crop it so that shows? If my dh gave me that, I'd be a snot slobbering mess!!!! (better have some tissues handy when you give it to her!!) Awesome work and what a romantic hubby you are!:thumbsup2

After seeing the original, I love it without the string, love the warm color version, love the original crop ( makes it very dramatic). I agree having The Excellence of Love in the picture would be nice, but it might be a little too far away and throw off the balance of the picture. I like the blur too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter