• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anniversary ideas

dnmglenn

Earning My Ears
The big 10 year anniv. is coming up next year :love: and I want to plan a perfect experience for the two of us. Any ideas or suggestions from past experiences would be greatly appreciated. Also if you know the pricing for budgeting of the trip I would appreciate that also. Thank you all for your help. :wave2:

It is also my 15th anniversary next year (2nd marriage). We will be taking my daughter and her husband along. It is their 5th. I will be very interested to see what ideas people have. Good luck with your trip.

DH and I are celebrating our 9th at WDW this May! We were going to celebrate our 10th next year but I just couldn't wait. :Pinkbounc I am mostly looking forward to actually getting to ride the rides TOGETHER! And eat together and actually talk to eachother! We honeymooned at WDW as well, and one of my favorite memories was when we were in Typhoon Lagoon relaxing on Castaway Creek, a CM with a megaphone was walking next to us and "seranading" us as we floated along, singing some romantic song that I forgot. And he also gave us a certificate for a free sundae.

My DH and I are celebrating our first anniversay this year. The only "special" thing we have planned is Victoria & Alberts. Otherwise, I think we just plan to have fun.

We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary in May '07 and we have decided to take a kids-free trip also. We are going to try to do 2-3 days at WDW and a 4 night cruise. Hopefully I will not feel too guilty leaving our kids behind (DS will have just turned 5 and DD will be 2 1/2).

We want to stay at a deluxe with a balcony that has a nice view. I was thinking either the Boardwalk or Contemporary Tower. We also are looking forward to eating at a few nicer restaurants. Maybe California Grill, Flying Fish, etc.. We have lots of time to decide. We also just look forward to wandering around and taking a leisurely pace without having to entertain two little ones all the time. :)

DH and I are celebrating our 24th at WDW this year, and here's what we're doing-he's promised me I can "pick a pearl" in Japan, he'll have it set in the ring of my choice, then that will be my anniversary ring. Since my B'day's in June, pearl is the birthstone, it'll be perfect. For our big 25th next year, we'll probably end up at B&C having a Kitchen Sink!

I am looking forward to having time together without kids! We are celebrating ten years this May and staying in the BWVillas. Here's what I am hoping for:
~something spa-ish; maybe a couples massage??
~a day at a water park, doing all the fun rides together without worrying about the kids!
~moseying around shops without having to say "Don't touch that!" or "We aren't buying any toys today."
~going to an amazing restaurant you wouldn't dare go to with little ones!

I love my trips with my girls, but this is going to be great! I'd love to hear other ideas as well! :cheer2:

We're going in June for our 5th wedding anniversary, staying at WL. I reserved the honeymoon suite for our last 2 nights,
I reserved the fireworks cruise (and will order champagne & chocolate covered strawberries to be on the cruise),
I made ADR's at all of our fave restaurants,
arranged for a cake to come after dinner on our actual anniversary day, and am having champagne glasses engraved somewhere (don't know where yet) and having them set it up in our room with a bottle of champagne, waiting for us when we check in to our room
and my last idea is I reserved a Carriage ride at Fort Wilderness.

I am also looking for more ideas so please share if you come up with some too!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary early!

Simba's Mom said:
DH and I are celebrating our 24th at WDW this year, and here's what we're doing-he's promised me I can "pick a pearl" in Japan, he'll have it set in the ring of my choice, then that will be my anniversary ring.
My hubby's doing the same thing for me this year! :) It will be our 15th. :love: For his gift, he wanted the Ride Along Experience at Richard Petty, so I bought that for him already and have the voucher tucked away in our trip planner.

We don't have anything really elaborate planned ... breakfast at Crystal Palace and dinner at Le Cellier and Illuminations for our anniversary. Just the fact that we're leaving our 13yo at home w/his grandparents will make it romantic, LOL!! ;)

We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary at WDW next week, and I still haven't thought of anything to completely shock my DH!! I have probably waited to long to do anything really great?!?!? Any suggestions, we are leaving in 2 days!?

We are also celebrating our anniv next week 5/6 in WDW. We are having dinner @ Chefs de France in time for Illuminations;and then On Mon.5/8 we are having a couples massage @ the GF @ 5pm and then dinner @ the Cali grill @ 9:50-just in time for wishes. We really just plan on being able to do all the things we wanted to do-REALLY explore Epcot;hand-hold and just sleepin and not have to worry about the little ones! LOL We took them in jan. on a land/sea and we are taking them back in july-so they go enough!!! HAHA.Any other suggestions would be great! We did the wishes cruise last time-darn it;I knew I should have saved that for us! LOL Angel

Jesussavedme said:
We're going in June for our 5th wedding anniversary, staying at WL. I reserved the honeymoon suite for our last 2 nights,
I reserved the fireworks cruise (and will order champagne & chocolate covered strawberries to be on the cruise),
I made ADR's at all of our fave restaurants,
arranged for a cake to come after dinner on our actual anniversary day, and am having champagne glasses engraved somewhere (don't know where yet) and having them set it up in our room with a bottle of champagne, waiting for us when we check in to our room
and my last idea is I reserved a Carriage ride at Fort Wilderness.

I am also looking for more ideas so please share if you come up with some too!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary early!

Boy O' Boy... You are definately a romantic!!! I don't think there are any ideas you didn't already come up with yourself!!! My hubby and myself are going to WDW for our anniversary and you gave me a bunch of great ideas!! thanks and Happy Anniversary! :love:

Simba's Mom said:
DH and I are celebrating our 24th at WDW this year, and here's what we're doing-he's promised me I can "pick a pearl" in Japan, he'll have it set in the ring of my choice, then that will be my anniversary ring. Since my B'day's in June, pearl is the birthstone, it'll be perfect. For our big 25th next year, we'll probably end up at B&C having a Kitchen Sink!

:thumbsup2 Oh! I love this idea! I didn't realize they had this in Japan! My Dh and I will also be celebrating our 10th anniversary with a week at the World (Kid free!!). We are going end of May/first of June. We also did Disney and Busch for our honeymoon. I picked a pearl at Busch and had it baled to wear on a necklace. Me thinks I need an anniversary ring now too! :lmao:

On our trip 2 yrs ago, the kids spent the evening @ the Neverland Club while DH & I had a nice dinner @ Cali Grill. Here's an idea for you.....Ask if you can be seated in the Wine Room. Children are not allowed in the room (which seats approx. 6 tables only) so it makes for a romantic evening from the start. If you can get ressies late enough, do so for Wishes.

My 1st view of Wishes was that night and our waiter suggested that we walk outside on the observation deck while he brought dessert and coffee. We weren't celebrating anything special per se but it definitely made for a lovely evening.

DH and I are going to WDW in October to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. No kids, lots of romance. We went in 2001, when the kids were 14 and 11, and we all shared a hotel room, so "romance" was definitely not on the schedule. Now we look forward to "romancing" whenever we darn well feel like it. We are looking forward to just hanging out together and enjoying our trip. :thumbsup2

Amy

We celebrated our 20th anniversary 3 years ago. I had a CM take to our room, a bottle of champagne, mickey grooms hat and minnies bride hat. I also had him write out a post card inviting us to a restaurant for our celebration.

Gosh, I can't remember the name of the place. It's in Epcot, something Grill, it goes around while your eating.......can't remember. :confused3

Anyway, it was a character meal, and they would do a re-hitching ceremony.

Chip, Dale and Mickey came over to the table, had us stand up, and have a very funny and cute little ceremony. At the end you kiss for the amount of years you're married. They counted 1,2,3,4,5....10......15........20. Then we got a certificate.

It was alot of fun!!

We're celebrating our 5th next month and sadly, they don't do the Re-hitching ceremony anymore.
I can't imagine why - it was one of the nice things they did for married couples!

We booked the Wishes fireworks cruise and I'm having champagne & chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the boat before launch.

We honeymooned in WDW and after many visits celebrated our 20th anniversary there. We are members of DVC so we were able to bring in 15 members of both families to celebrate with us. We were remarried at the Wilderness Lodge on the balconey that overlooks the lake with our kids serving as best men. It was a fantastic time that is still special to us today. Disney treated us very well, we had a cake, music and wedding Mickey and Minnie. I know the entire group had a great time. We also went on the pontoon curise for the fireworks. It remains a very special memory. Hope this helps.

~The IllumiNations cruise on the "Breathless"...call the Yacht Club marina. :love:
~Watching the Electric Water Pageant from the Poly beach
~The Keys to the Kingdom tour...not necessarily romantic, but you have to be over age 16 to do it, and it really is neat!!!!
~A nice dinner at the California Grill...maybe during Wishes???? :love:
~Share a sundae at Ghirardellis
~The carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. I think they also have one at Saratoga Springs now too.
~A loungy day at the pool
~Watching the geyser erupt at the WL
~Strolling the Boardwalk
~Strolling through Epcot's WS at night...it's just a different place at night. Find a bench and snuggle up to see Illuminations without worrying too much if you see every single firework...enjoy the music, the low level lighting, the "feel" of being there :love:
~I don't know where you're staying, but CSR is a very romantic resort at night. They have beautiful sunsets, and their nighttime lighting is very romantic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter