Anna & Elsa - current strategy for meet & greet?

My daughter adores Elsa and we were able to find the dress. Looks like I know what I'll be doing the first 2 hours in Epcot - that is, if they extend their stay into February.

Oh, where in Norway does the M&G take place and where does the line start? Thanks!

IF we got on a day that Epcot has AM EMH, would you still recommend heading there first thing? Granted, this may be getting ahead of myself because this is for our trip in April, but we rearranged our plans to do this (among other reasons). So one adult would go to the Anna and Elsa line and the other two adults would take the kids on TT and/or Soarin' and other rides standby. Does that sound like a plan? Is there a day where they start earlier or did I imagine that?

IF we got on a day that Epcot has AM EMH, would you still recommend heading there first thing? Granted, this may be getting ahead of myself because this is for our trip in April, but we rearranged our plans to do this (among other reasons). So one adult would go to the Anna and Elsa line and the other two adults would take the kids on TT and/or Soarin' and other rides standby. Does that sound like a plan? Is there a day where they start earlier or did I imagine that?

Yes, have one adult head there first because others will be doing the same thing.

Keep checking Kennythepirate's site because when/if the venue changes, he will be one of the first people to report it.

With a venue change, Anna and Elsa probably won't have to take 20 minute breaks ;) and the lines will move more quickly. That's what is causing the huge waits, Anna and Elsa have to have a break before they return onstage for their next meet.

I went last week, and it is the longest wait at Disney world. The way they have the line split up is they have the original waiting area split up into two time slots. The front of the line is for the current wait and the back half is split for the next time. They have another line formed in front of the iconic building they have in norway, which is also split by front half being the third wait time and the back half is the forth wait time. The good think is depending on how quickly the characters run the line and people getting out of the line, you can easily get bumped into the time slot I front of you. They count the lines by people not parties so you might have 6 people but only 1 kid so that qiickier then 3 adults and 3 kids. Also I was in the last group on Monday and left the line because I didnt want to wait 40min and then wait 2hrs on Wednesday when I was begged to come back. I was originally in like for the 3hr wait time.

Another tip is that ask the cast members if you have to wait in like, they told us only one person has to hold the spot. Also for the people not holding the spot, if you walk into the gift shop the frozen characters walk in and out from there. Their not really flirtatious, they walk with purpose so they'll walk pass you but the kids love seeing them.

We were in the park yesterday (which was a holiday) but my sister's only chance to be in the park (she isn't an AP holder). The line was hitting 4-5 hours consistently all day. I waited 4 hours, which is the longest I've ever waited for something at Disney (other than being stuck on the bus during the Villain party insanity ... but that's another story)

I will say this. It was worth it. My sister was floored that I would offer, and we had a great time. We were in the 4:50 slot, and the people entering the line as we finally got to the front only had a 2.5 hour wait.

Now comes the hard part ... do I head back with my dd and wait in such a crazy line again? I half joked that someone should bring her over and meet up with us.

Did you wait in it?

I got in line on Sunday around 12 pm, was in front of the characters by 2:15 and back outside on my way by 2:30.

It is by far the longest I have ever waited for anything else at WDW, but compared to 3-5 hours earlier in the mo nth and in December, I think we got pretty lucky.

My wife had time to take our daughter to test track, nemo, turtle talk and figment while I ate my chinese food from next door and talked to the people around me.

No. Since we recently had a pic taken it was not a priority this time. Went to character palooza instead.

Thinking of changing our plan for meeting Anna & Elsa. DD loves Frozen, and I am so glad I bought her the Elsa dress for Christmas on cybyer Monday:thumbsup2 She has been so excited to wear her dress for breakfast at CRT on Wednesday January 29. I am considering heading to Epcot that afternoon, perhaps arriving at Epcot at 1:20 ish. Do you think this would be a good plan? Should we arrive a bit later for the meet & greet:confused3

We met them Monday 1/13. My kids may not be back to WDW until 2016 and they LOVE Anna and Elsa. We chose not to get in line at rope-drop and instead got in line at 1:30ish after our Akershus lunch. By this point our kids were tired (got up for 8:10 BBB reservation) and basically just sat in the line and relaxed. My husband and I took turns in line . . . I shopped, he rode Maelstrom. We were in the 3:00 group, but were one of the last being guaranteed that 3:00 slot. About 5 families behind us, people were being told they were potentially 4:50. We were done before 3:30. It was well worth the wait, as Anna especially was excellent with my 3 year old and no one rushed us out. No matter what, you'll have to wait, you just have to figure out what the best plan for your group is.

I am considering heading to Epcot that afternoon, perhaps arriving at Epcot at 1:20 ish. Do you think this would be a good plan? Should we arrive a bit later for the meet & greet:confused3

Here is Anna & Elsa's current schedule:

11:00 AM - 11:40 AM
12:00 PM - 12:40 PM
01:00 PM - 01:40 PM
02:00 PM - 02:40 PM
03:00 PM - 03:40 PM
04:50 PM - 05:30 PM
05:50 PM - 06:30 PM
06:50 PM - 07:30 PM

By arriving at 1:20, you may be able to meet them at 3:00 or more likely at 4:50 due to their lunch break. It would probably be best to ask the CM what your chances are before their lunch break and then decide how early to be in line for the later meets.

I have seen A & E twice (once before the movie came out with approx an hour wait) and then again last Wed with a 2 1/2 hour wait. Given the amount of people that can pass through the meet and greet before the girls need their break, I don't see the lines getting smaller any time soon. They do meet most of the day, but with the characters interacting with each family individually, it does take some time. I would recommend rope drop if you're at all able to do so. It's your best bet for a short (relatively speaking) wait, and then leaves you available most of the day for other things.

I will add, even after seeing them twice, (and dealing with those lines and long waits) I would happily do it again for my daughter. Both Anna and Elsa are really great (I've had the same Elsa and two different Annas) and they are just so sweet and playful and perfectly in character. My 2 year old just ADORES them. And when you get pics like this, why wouldn't you wait 2 hours or more?

Thanks to this thread, we had my DH hold our spot in line at rope drop. He was 2nd in line on a weekday last week. DD and I rode Test Track twice (her favorite). Then we brought DH coffee and breakfast. We waited in line with him for the last 20 minutes or so. DD had a snack, we chatted with the honeymooning couple in front of us, then it was time to go in! The 1pm line was already closed before they had even started greeting. Since we were done a few minutes after 11am, we had a just-opened, uncrowded World Showcase to explore! So you might be able to make the most of your time afterwards by catching another character who isn't crowded, no wait for Maelstrom, or whatever else you like to do in WS.

Is the line wheelchair accessible

Yes it is. Someone behind me was in a wheelchair. I was also able to take a large stroller through the whole line and venue. The only 'tight' space is a slight turn when you are just about to enter the room where the characters are, but there is a CM right there to assist you, and where they are is plenty big enough for a wheelchair to pass and manuever. :)

Loving everyone's input, thanks so much! This is helping me plan things out for our trip to Epcot on Sunday 2/2. We get in 2/1 in the evening and Sunday is our first park day. We have friends coming in on Sunday and scheduled with them for the rest of the week so Sunday was our day off and we already have 2 MK days scheduled in the week. Based on all I've been reading we have pretty much decided to make Epcot our first day and get there as early as possible. We have never been rope drop people but since we are getting in around 5:30 Saturday evening, we will be able to get to bed early (I hope) and get an early start on Sunday. This is the main thing on my 8yo daughter's agenda. She's got her Elsa dress and wig and she is READY. I have an 11yo boy and when our friends arrive later on Sunday, they have 2 boys...so I think we'll do this girly thing first thing to get her excited and save our other time in Epcot to "play" with our friends rather than waiting in line. I hope to keep hearing more reports as we get closer to our trip. LOVED hearing that A&E are so interactive! Ferd, thanks for posting that picture, it is absolutely PRICELESS! I will be sure to post about our meet & greet, too!

The best strategy is just to wait until they move them to a bigger venue that can handle their popularity. Very few characters would be worth waiting that long for in my book. You could tour all of Future World in the time it would take to meet these two. While we love A and E, just wait it out if you can. Their popularity will remain high for a while, but hopefully they will be moved to a better equipped area that can handle the crowds (buh bye Merida...)

The best strategy is just to wait until they move them to a bigger venue that can handle their popularity. Very few characters would be worth waiting that long for in my book. You could tour all of Future World in the time it would take to meet these two. While we love A and E, just wait it out if you can. Their popularity will remain high for a while, but hopefully they will be moved to a better equipped area that can handle the crowds (buh bye Merida...)

I really don't see them moving into Fairytale Garden. I think they moved Rapunzel and Flynn out of that spot so they could make it easier to run their sets all day. That's hard to do in a setting with such visibility.

My little girl is obsessed with them right now and she is 8. Our last trip to Disney was 5 years ago. She has her heart set on this one thing...so, 2-3 hours of my time is worth it for us. The next time we get to Disney, she'll probably be 12+ and not in love with princesses anymore...I won't love waiting in line but I think if I am prepared with a book and/or my hubby and I take turns, we'll be okay. If you get to Disney more often than me, I could see where you would rather just wait until next time, though.

My little girl is obsessed with them right now and she is 8. Our last trip to Disney was 5 years ago. She has her heart set on this one thing...so, 2-3 hours of my time is worth it for us. The next time we get to Disney, she'll probably be 12+ and not in love with princesses anymore...I won't love waiting in line but I think if I am prepared with a book and/or my hubby and I take turns, we'll be okay. If you get to Disney more often than me, I could see where you would rather just wait until next time, though.

What a nice mom. You'll miss this stage later. 3 hour waits and all. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter