Anna and Elsa -- Persistance Paid off!

Crusader10hky

Mouseketeer
As a self-assured guy in his early 30s, who may or may not be employed by a rival multinational regional amusement park chain, who has no interest whatsoever in anything princess-y, who has been blessed with 2 young daughters and now has a vested interest in providing the very best first-Disney-experience for his family....

I am downright giddy.

I've gotten up before the sun on all the required days to get Dining Reservations and Fastpasses etc. and had been moderately successful. But the ONE Fastpass that was arguably the most important was unfortunately also the most elusive: Meet Anna and Elsa at Fairytale Princess Hall.

It's been more than a month of checking back into the site hoping something would pop up but to no avail. I was directed to this site by my DisVeteran sister and hoped that it would provide some sort of magical solution but it did not....or did it?

You see, nary 12 hours after I took a little extra time out of my day to 'transfer' an extra BOG lunch reservation to a lost soul whose plight was similar to my own, I randomly checked my fastpass site again.

And there it was.

I don't really believe in Karma itself but one really important guy once said "Do unto others..." (you know the rest)

I can now be at ease knowing that I've done all I can do to prepare the best surprise yet.

So in closing, If you haven't gotten that ONE thing just yet, don't give up. Keep checking, see if there's something you can do to help someone else along the way, and maybe there will be a bit of DisBoard magic in your future too

Awwww that's awesome! I'm giddy for you too! My daughter just turned 1 and her first disney trip will be next Thanksgiving, so we'll see if she cares about the characters then :)

This is perhaps the best post I've ever read on these boards. Love it! And love your devotion to your daughters! Come back and post pics of them with the Princesses!!!

Congratulations will make for magical day .

What a great post.................your daughters are very lucky to have such a "persistent" dad! Someday when they're older they'll love that story............... pixiedust:

Doug :goofy:

Wonderful post! I'm so glad you were able to score those fastpasses for your girls. What an awesome dad!

I will agree that persistence pays off. I'm used to planning more than 6 months in advance so I can get all my ADRs at 180 days, but an opportunity popped up for us to fly down for a weekend visit on short notice. I checked ADRs and of course, the ones I really wanted were long gone. But daily, sometimes hourly, checking paid off and I scored the restaurants that I wanted fairly close to the times I wanted, and that included the coveted BOG.

So happy for you!

I definitely agree about persistence paying off. Our trip had to get rescheduled, and we lost all our dining reservations and FP+. Checking back everyday, we got everything back!

Reactions: LLM
oh that's awesome. I'm so happy for you. Anna/ Elsa is a must do for my 2 daughters too and I'm starting to freak out about not being able to secure fps. so glad it worked out for you.

Yay for you...........I got one. First time and tried and it was available. No children, but BFF is going with me in Jan. for her 70th birthday and retirement. She wanted to see them ...so we are!

Your daughters will be thrilled!

Hooray! Have a great trip! We had such a great time with A & E a few weeks ago :)

Congrats! DH and I stumbled into an A&E FP on our trip in October and I must say, Ana was hands down the best character we met. I have a feeling your girls won't be the only ones enjoying themselves :)

WOW!! IT WORKED!!
Kept checking and checking. Just got A&E for DW and DD for our last day at 1:40PM. I actually got 7DMT and PP for the same day so I feel like I scored the trifecta for the last day and won't have to rush to any attraction at RD.
They didn't have a slot for a party of 3 but they did for 2 so I will ride SM while they do that.

So my 5 year old daughter, who has absolutely no clue that we are going to Disney World in a week and a half, drew a picture for me the other day. It depicts our family standing underneath a large banner with fireworks in the background. The banner reads "Dine WD" ('Disney World' in Kindergarten quickly-sounded-out-without-asking spelling). She gave it to me and said "I drew this for you and mommy so that you would know that I would REALLY like to go there someday!" Its adorable to see her draw this because she has no idea what Disney World IS, except from maybe a random TV commercial.

So next Saturday, we're all getting on a plane to go on some lame family business trip (as if such a thing even exists). When she gets off the plane in Orlando I'm going to give her an envelope containing her own picture and tell her "this is where we're really going".

Thats fantastic. Hoping I can get as lucky as you, I have been trying, so far I have only been able to snag 1 for my daughter, which is useless if I can't find one for me too.

We leave in 4 days, my 5 year old daughter has no clue either, I have let my 1 year old son in on the surprise though ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter