• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animation art done at Hallmark in 1999

Disney Lvr of Old

DIS Veteran
I might have this in the wrong place but......

Hi. I have a gorgeous picture of Sorcerer Mickey that I had done at a Hallmark store on Black Friday in 1999. I stood in line for hours; there was a woman animator from the Disney Studios drawing whatever you wanted her to on poster sized paper. It was first come, first served. When I finally got up front I told her I was torn between my beloved Mickey and Pocahontas (my favorite character at the time; I was deeply in love with the music from the movie). She told me since Fantasia 2000 was coming out soon I should go with Sorcerer Mickey.

I cannot make out the signature; I've tried googling the event but cannot find anything on it. Does anyone else remember this and have a drawing from then?

I will take a picture of it tonight and post it. It is gorgeous; it's personalized and written in "Mickey's" handwriting. To perfectly preserve it I had it professionally mounted and framed. It cost me a lot of money from my free drawing.

I remember being so thrilled and calling my husband begging him to get to the mall so I could have 2 Disney drawings but he refused. It's probably why I divorced him..... (kidding)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter