Animation Area at DHS

minniebows

Earning My Ears
My DS loves to draw. I was wondering if anyone can give me details about the Animation area at DHS.

My DS loves to draw. I was wondering if anyone can give me details about the Animation area at DHS.

Right after the scripted part of the Magic of Disney Animation (a really cute show about how animated movies are made, with dialog between a CM and Mushu from Mulan) you can get in line for the drawing class (I can't remember the name, but it's inside where the computers and characters are).

A CM who knows how to draw will teach a class full of people, seated at lighted tables, how to draw a specific character (very much the way hand-drawn animation was done).

It's a lot of fun. I've got a Mickey and a Goofy from past trips I'm rather proud of! :)

They do the drawings every half hour and it last 20 minutes. You don't know who you are drawing until you get in there. We drew Stitch last week. I didn't realize my DH was a good sketch artist until I saw his work. It was fun.

And Magic of Disney Animation has never been crowded any of the times I've gone. Mind you, if your son is too young, it might seem a little dry and boring. I love it.

When we were there about 2 weeks ago, we had a show of hands of what we were to draw. We got Donald. The only thing bad is that you really want to move the paper and it's held onto pegs like a real animator.

You now get to see who can't draw and who can (I can't).

just an fyi - you dont have to sit throught the preshow (which is cute but if you've seen it already you might want to skip) you can enter from the back of the art store.

we walked out of one class, walked back around and walked into another!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter