• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animation Academy at HS

Do you have to do the Magic of Animation portion of the attraction first or can you go straight to the waiting area for the Academy? Also, what size paper - is it standard 8 1/2 by 11?

Its larger than the standard sized paper, 15x10 1/2. I tend to do the first part the first time, after that if I want to go back later in the day you can get in from the gift shop entrance just go the opposite direction through the 'museum' part. :)

We LOVE the AA and have done it as many as 6x in one day and 12x in one trip lol!! We now always bring paper towel tubes although I can see where mailing tubes would be sturdier. If you don't bring tubes, stop in the gift shop as you're exiting the class and at least ask for a rubber band and bag :)

We've found it's so hard to tell when it'll be busy! We've gone to the last class of the night and found it empty 10 minutes before it started; other times it's full 30 minutes before start time. Some days it seems no matter what time you go you can get into a class 5 minutes before it starts, and other times there's a wait all day. If you've been counted by the CM and part of your party needs to leave to use the restroom (not that far away) you can, we've always told them we're going and will be right back. And its inside so not hot; there are seats if you're early enough to get one. There's also a screen on the wall that shows Disney characters being drawn and my kids like to see which one can guess the character first as it's being drawn. Not a bad place to wait for a half hour or so, although waiting an hour could be drag. Worth it though!

If I wanted to wait in line and then DH go do other things with the kids till its time, then bring them back when it's time, could we do that, or no?

How often do the shows run? Is it like an every 30 minutes type thing? Just wondering how you know when to show up?
I was really looking forward to this, but really not sounding like it'll happen for us. Definitely will have to see what it's like in the evening.

Every 30 minutes, yep! I believe the first show starts at 9:30 with the last being a half hour before closing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

When I did it in March, the park closed at 7 and the last class started at 6.

Waiting in line while the kids are elsewhere would not be okay if you are within the ropes off area. They tell you it is okay to leave for the restroom, but otherwise you're supposed to stay there. If you're outside that area, you could do it, but if they aren't back when the room starts loading, they don't save seats or allow entry after the class has started.

If I wanted to wait in line and then DH go do other things with the kids till its time, then bring them back when it's time, could we do that, or no?
No. As the post directly above this question states, some of you at a time can leave to use the nearby restroom, but for the most part the entire pray must be together.

We've seen this on youtube vlog's many times and looked fun but we are not real big HS fans so when we go to this park we hit TSM and maybe one other thing the leave for another park. BUT this last trip we decided to make an effort to enjoy this park so we strolled around taking it all in and ran across the sign, or maybe saw the name on the map, and decided to try it out.. At first I was thinking we were going the wrong way because its sort of back behind in the middle of nothing.. but once we made it to the doors and walked in it was pretty cool back there.. lines for character signatures and then the drawing class.

We had to wait in the waiting area, prior to the holding room. after 20 minutes or so we moved to the waiting room then another 20 or so minutes we went it.. it was awesome. we all had a great time, even my little guy who just turned 6. It's definitely something we will be doing regularly.

my mother was with us when we went and the CM was saying how the entire party had to be there during the wait, but she was cool with letting my mom sit on the bench that was down the hall until we went to the waiting area where there were benches..

How about during morning EMH?

Hm, that is a good question! I tried to google it and couldn't really find anything except one website that listed the Animation Academy during evening EMH but not for the morning so I would assume that is correct. Too bad since I bet you could get at least two classes in during morning EMH (which we would totally do - we love it that much!).

DO you think we could do the 9:30 show and then get in line for Baymax right after the show and still get to a 10:40 ADR a Sci fi? I know I was in line for Baymax at 9:15 for the 10am greeting and we were first in line, people starting lining up around 9:45 and the line was 1 hour long by 10am. DO you think this is still accurate if they are still there in June?

Animation Academy is a must do for DD and me.... We have about a dozen or so drawings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter