Animal sightings at The Fort....

Keep an out for these scary ones at the bus stop
First_Day_Of_School.jpg

You are coming to Florida. There are snakes everywhere in Florida. Millions of people throw their hard earned money every year at the stupid mouse, do you really think that if there was a snakebite problem people would continue to do that? Well, they probably would, but do you really think?

There are otters at the Fort.
The otters will sometimes lie in wait to ambush you when you come to your cabin at night.
Should this happen,,don't worry,, all they are after is your beer. As long as you cooperate with them, they will not hurt you. So far they have not been known to take any hostages,, just beer.

Have a great time at the Fort !

don't forget your fishing pole !:fish:

I love the squirrel going to school pic! So cute! We have stayed at the cabins twice & never saw a snake or gator. The first time we saw deer & armadillo & in Oct. we saw armadillo & lots of little lizards/geckos. Maybe a squirrel or two. I wish it woulda been the one with the backpack though.:rotfl2:

I found this...it was posted in June. Whoever posted this nonsense has serious halucinations....

I was grilling hotdogs on the upscale grills they provide you with at each site....and a squirrel jumped on the grill as if it werent even warm....took a wiener off and leaped to the picnic table, shoved the wiener into a bun, grabbed the mustard container and plopped himself a dollup. I was completely amazed...it absolutely FLOORED me....first off, that the grill didnt fry his little feet, and secondly that he knew how to make a proper hotdog. The was Disney magic at its finest.....then he went for the beer....and the magic was gone!!!! I swatted at him with the spatula, he went all ninja on me...yanked the spatula right outta my hand and swang it around with the precision of a well trained combat artist. Here I am, sweating and hot from the grill next to me....with no grilling tool in hand...and a squirrel on my picnic table posed in some power ranger death strike position with a spatula pointed right at my juggler vein.......needless to say....I forfieted the beer. He may have been a little badasteriskasteriskasterisk, but he didnt have a chance in hell of making it up the tree with that full bottle of brew!!! I figured I get him when he hit the tree......ya know, he didnt even TRY to go up the dang tree....that ballsy little punk took his hotdog and beer and hopped over to my loungechair!!!! Sat in MY CHAIR, eating MY HOTDOG, and drinking MY BEER!!!!!! All I could do was watch, I made a move towards the camera, because I figured NO ONE would EVER believe this, but he slapped that spatula down with athority on the picnic table right in front of the camera...which I took as a warning that he wasnt too big about being in photos.
The wildlife at the fort IS wildlife...very unpredictable(and sometimes well trained with the skills of a heartless killer)...use common sense, and you'll be alright. And for gods sake....a beer aint worth losing your life over, sometimes these are sacrifices we have to learn to live with!!
The "S" aint for superman, people...Its for SQUIRREL
d4ed4d4d.jpg

Was at the Fort last week and saw a number of different animals. The first we saw were 4 red cardinals and 5 brown cardinals out the window of our trailer while eating breakfast. They were hopping all around the ground. There was also a red-headed woodpecker! I've never seen one of those before. It was cool. Of course, the camera didn't work through the window--so no pics of those. Then, as we were driving out we saw 4 small deer near the side of the road just before loop 300. Again, couldn't get the camera out quickly enough. The next day, we were pulling out of the campground to go to the parks and saw a bunch of wild turkeys just outside the entrance to the Fort across the street. Here they are:
DSCN0994.jpg

If you're scared of snakes & gators, then you'll really be petrified of the ginormous flying attack roaches at...well, actually those are at all of the resorts (and underneath my old apt in Mid City New Orleans- they used to aggressively chase my dog).

If you're scared of snakes & gators, then you'll really be petrified of the ginormous flying attack roaches at...well, actually those are at all of the resorts (and underneath my old apt in Mid City New Orleans- they used to aggressively chase my dog).

The last time I stepped on a New Orleans roach it carried me across the room and slammed me into the wall!!!

I stalked this Turkey last year for MDGG. First I lured her across the bridge, then toward my blind and BAM! Fried Turkey for Dinner.

299244312_Hdv9S-L.jpg

299243719_92NPY-L.jpg

299244409_qMCqf-L.jpg

299244606_4oRqn-L.jpg

415738158_qPJFp-X2.jpg

I think we had Gator, Rabbit, Duck and Deer that day also. The Gator and Deer were a twofer. I must admit though, the Gator did not want to part with the Deer at first. The Fort is one great big grocery store. I never have to by meat when we camp at the Fort.:eek:

Has anyone ever seen any wild boars at FW? I think those and black bears are the only things left people haven't mentioned. :scratchin :upsidedow

Not at FW, but we saw wild boar or pigs running along the grassy area next to the road on our way to the MK parking lot gate a few years back. If the road wasn't one way I would have turned the car around and followed them for awhile :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter