Animal Kingdom

thebigdisneydaddy

Mouseketeer
Just noticed that they have recently changed Animal Kingdoms hours on the travel agent calendars for several days. Many of the changed days are on typical slow periods like mid & Late Jan, early Feb, and they are sporadic. The park is now open till 7:00pm (not emh). Last time we were there we heard rumors of a possible evening parade or show, I was just curious if anyone else had heard this or if they thought this could be the reason.

No night show or parade anytime in Animal Kingdoms near to distant future.

I would imagine the longer hours are simply nothing more than an extension of the practice of keeping the park open later due to the elimination of evening EMH.

No night show or parade anytime in Animal Kingdoms near to distant future.

I would imagine the longer hours are simply nothing more than an extension of the practice of keeping the park open later due to the elimination of evening EMH.

Wait, They're getting rid of evening EMH???

Animal Kingdom at night is awesome (has it ever been open past 8pm?). Too bad so few people have seen it at night.

We are going in Dec & love EMH. AK is beautiful at night. It's to bad they took these hours away. :headache:

Oh that is good to know. Thanks for the info. :goodvibes

Yea the main reason (even though Disney says its so the animals won't be bothered) is there is really not a lot to do at DAK at night.

With a whole new land that will change especially if it includesa WOC type show.

Animal Kingdom centers around the animals... difficult to see them past dusk.

but, that is my 2 cents.

I have always thought of AK as a half day park.

Maybe Avatar will change that for me in the future.

Yea the main reason (even though Disney says its so the animals won't be bothered) is there is really not a lot to do at DAK at night.

With a whole new land that will change especially if it includesa WOC type show.

I assume its pretty unlikely but is it possible they would run a safari after dark? I think that would be pretty cool. Or have some sort of night vison viewing of animals like AKL does?

The safari has previously been run after dark, using lights.

That's true. I think at least part of the problem was that some of the animals went into darker corners behind trees and stuff and laid down... while some of the animals people really want to see -- like the elephants -- were brought in at night anyway and weren't even out.

I don't think the night safari, as it ran, was a wild success (pun intended).

Animal Kingdom centers around the animals... difficult to see them past dusk.

but, that is my 2 cents.

Well that's my point the animal portions would be closed, however Avatarland, EE, TTBAB, Dino, KRR, Chester and Hester would stay open that's almost more than EC so it could stay open for EMH.

I've only ever really gone to EMH at AK just to ride Everest at night. Everything else I get done in a good 3 hour morning window. That said, its definitely worth riding EE at night if you haven't, its pretty cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter