Animal Kingdom

I think it depends on your preferences.

Jambo is the main building and where all the regular hotel rooms are located. Very beautiful but busy lobby and restaurants. Counter service on site. So busy, busy, busy.

Kidani is the DVC only wing of the resort and has a more laid back feel. No huge lobby, no counter service just a TS restaurant (Sanaa, which is fabulously reviewed) and the DVC pool area.

So, if you like high energy, hustle and bustle Jambo is probably best. If you want a more laid back experience then Kidani is probably better.

Then it depends on room type.
Studios are fairly similiar in size. (And since its harder to cook in a studio, the Jambo restaurants may make that easier)

1and 2 BR's are larger in Kidani and have an extra bathroom over Jambo.

Jambo is only floor 5 (and 6 for concierge) so lower Kidani floors may have better animal viewing

Jambo standard is pool view. Kidani standard may be pool, landscaping, or parking lot view.

We stayed at Jambo in January, 2011 and we have 3 children: At the time DD6, DD3, DS1. The pool at Jambo was great for their ages and having the counter service was huge. We stayed in a 2br which was plenty big enough for the 5 of us and then some.

As the other two have mentioned, it is busier at Jambo than over at Kidani. All depends on your preference.

Have fun!

I prefer the master bedroom/bathroom set up in the Kidani 1BR/2BRs. In Jambo, the master bathroom is across a small hallway from the master bedroom so you cannot move between the two in privacy. Jambo's master bathrooms have a combined whirlpool tub and shower. In Kidani, the master bath is directly connected to the master bedroom. There is a separate shower stall so I can use the whirlpool tub while DH uses the shower. We don't need or use the extra bathroom in Kidani but it allows a third person access to a tub/shower at the same time which would be helpful for families.

I prefer to be on a lower floor so Kidani works better for me in that regard too. It would be handy to have a counter service restaurant in the same building but it's just a 10 minute walk lobby to lobby from Kidani to Jambo so we just walk over when we want to eat at The Mara or at Boma or Jiko. I usually need a good walk after eating at Boma!

We prefer Jambo over Kidani any day. Jambo feels like a resort to us & Kidani feels like an annex.

We will be back to Jambo in 4 days!

We prefer Kidani for the following....room size, room layout, extra bathroom (in 1 & 2 bedroom), better animal viewing from room (in our opinion), more laid back feeling, first bus stop to the parks.

Jambo is the main building and where all the regular hotel rooms are located. Very beautiful but busy lobby and restaurants. Counter service on site. So busy, busy, busy.

Kidani is the DVC only wing of the resort and has a more laid back feel. No huge lobby, no counter service just a TS restaurant (Sanaa, which is fabulously reviewed) and the DVC pool area.

So, if you like high energy, hustle and bustle Jambo is probably best. If you want a more laid back experience then Kidani is probably better.

I could not have said it better myself! We :lovestruc Kidani because of the laid back, quiet feel. We get a rental car so we don't have to worry about how far of a walk we have to the bus stops & we request a room close to Jambo to have quick access to Jambo's restaurants - it's the best of both worlds!

I love both and could not pick a favorite! I love the point bang for the point buck at Jambo House. I love the fact that the standard views at Jambo are pool view. But I also love the community hall at Kidani and the quiet beauty of the lobby.
I love the fact that I don't have to choose a favorite!

For studios (or short stays), Jambo.

For 1 and 2 bedrooms (or longer stays), Kidani.

We are here now and are in a Jambo value studio facing the savannah... my husband and sons are across the hall facing the parking lot so its the luck of the draw... We like pool area at Kidani but like being near food court in Jambo.. Next time we may try Kidani but you really cant beat the value points!

I love them both but prefer the villas at Kidani. We stayed there for the 1st time last month and I was just in awe of how spacious the 1BR villa was. The master bath alone is just amazing - it's bigger than all 3 of my bathrooms here at home put together! And the extra bath in the main living area is such a great bonus. My daughter spent a lot of time at the community hall too. I also love dining at Sanaa, and to me, it's no big deal to hop on a park bus to get over to Jambo should we want to visit the Mara for a QS meal, or use the pool (which we like a bit better than the Kidani pool.) I will still stay at Jambo sometimes, but only for concierge level (which we do enjoy as well.) Last month we spent 3 nights at Kidani & then moved over to Jambo CL for 2 nights. I missed the extra space but the amenities made up for it. In the end, we had the best of both worlds (and it was the easiest split stay move ever!)

We like Jambo for Concierge level, but like the layout of the Kidani rooms better.

I apologzize now if this is a stupid ? but what do you get with conceirge.. ? I noticed it in the planning book but never really paid attention to it.. do you just get snacks?

Thank you so much for the info!!! Is one more run down then the other also does one have better access to the animals?

The Jambo DVC units are all on the 5th floor (well, concierge is on the 6th). Kidani has DVC units on floors 2-5 so that may help you get closer to the animals.
There are 4 different savannas at AKL with each having a slightly different animal species listing.
Jambo has 3, Kidani has 2 (they share 1 of the savannas). (Kidani's unique savannah has 2 unique and somewhat endangered species, but no giraffe or zebra. It does have the entertaining river hogs, but I can see why a kid would be disappointed by no giraffes)

Both resorts have public viewing areas and guides to tell you about animals

Jambo furnishings are slightly older than Kidani but I've never heard "run down"

Jambo does use darker colors in its design. Although I'd never use that palette at home, I think it makes for an exotic vacation.

The Jambo DVC units are all on the 5th floor (well, concierge is on the 6th). Kidani has DVC units on floors 2-5 so that may help you get closer to the animals.
There are 4 different savannas at AKL with each having a slightly different animal species listing.
Jambo has 3, Kidani has 2 (they share 1 of the savannas). (Kidani's unique savannah has 2 unique and somewhat endangered species, but no giraffe or zebra. It does have the entertaining river hogs, but I can see why a kid would be disappointed by no giraffes)

Both resorts have public viewing areas and guides to tell you about animals

Have stayed twice at Kidani. Kidani has giraffes and zebras.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter