?? Animal Kingdom??

Drew*smom

Earning My Ears
What does does AK close? I thought it closed at 5PM...correct? If so, is it crazy to do try and go somewhere, like a resort hotel for dinner after AK or should we just head back to our hotel afterwards??

I've booked an ADR at Boma for 5:40 PM on my AK day. Since I'm out that way, I might as well take advantage of being close to AKL.

There's always DTD, with shopping and restaurants, too.

AK closes at dusk, whatever time that my be. We usually MK or Epcot on AK day. If I didn't have park hoppers I would definitly go do a resort dinner or shopping.

i think that is a perfect night for a resort dinner. You aren't losing any park time and you still get an amazing meal. Another vote for BOMA!!!

If you have the Hopper, you can go to any of the parks for dinner. If not, like the PP stated, just head to one of the resorts. We can normally do AK in half a day now. We then head back to the resort to swim and relax a bit before heading to Epcot normally for dinner;)

We ALWAYS use our AK day for a nice dinner. It gives you time to go back to your resort, clean up & dress up for a great signature meal (or whatever you choose.)

We find AK to be so hot & miserable that we usually leave before (or immediately after) the afternoon parade. I don't even think we'll do AK on our next trip!

Perfect evening when AK closes at 5pm. Dinner at Yak & Yeti (or Boma or Sanaa, they're all good!) at 4:45, followed by a stop to play Winter/Summerland Mini-golf.

I think AK usually closes at/about 5pm but is open later for extra magic hours some nights (available if you stay on Disney property resorts). I think the extra hours could be great for having dinner in AK park after dusk. Otherwise, Tusker House and Yak and Yeti seem to close when the park closes.

For us, there's not a lot to do during extra magic hours except the dinosaur ride so dinner would be a good option. There are some other rides/shows open during extra magic hours but our plans have been to get to AK early in the morning so we are usually done most everything we want to do by 5pm anyway.

If you have park hoppers, why not hop to another park like MK or Epcot for fireworks? If no hoppers, take a bus from AK park to one of the monorail resorts (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian) for dinner and watch the MK fireworks from there. We like the Polynesian beach for watching MK fireworks. Then, to get back to your resort, hop back on the monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center, and catch a Disney Bus.

Last trip, we left AK park to go to AK lodge for dinner (Jiko). Didn't take long at all (10 minute ride?). I was suprised that DS4 hung in there with us for a long dinner. The gift shop there is nice (a lot of the same stuff you see in AK park) and there are some special activities (night viewing of animals, story telling around a fire pit) at the lodge. We took a taxi back to our resort because Disney buses don't go from there to other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter