Animal Kingdom vs. Hollywood Studios or not??

dmc6469

DIS Veteran
I am kinda interested in doing the AK since I’m a photographer and would love the shots that I can get at this place and are thinking about heading there just a few hours the morning that we are doing the MVMCP since we were going to do a pool day until the party but am wondering a few things: 1) would the AK be worth it for just 3 hours or so (if we go we go when it opens) and also is there enough at Hollywood Studios to do all day? I want to go there because I am addicted to Tower of Terror at DL so I have to do it there but looking at the park am wondering how long to plan on being there. We are getting a 5 day tix and will have 6 days since my friend’s hubby works there and is getting us in one day, so are wondering should we even spending just a few hours at AK or HS even worth it?

Do you have the park hopper option? I am personally not a fan of Animal Kingdom. We went to see the tree the last time we were there, and then we wandered around and left. You can go to a zoo back home. If you love animals, you won't be able to do it all in 3 hours.

Do you have the park hopper option? I am personally not a fan of Animal Kingdom. We went to see the tree the last time we were there, and then we wandered around and left. You can go to a zoo back home. If you love animals, you won't be able to do it all in 3 hours.

Yes, you can go to a zoo at home. AK is by no means just a zoo. That's like saying you can go to the traveling carnival at home so why bother with MK!

OP--There's so much to see and do and especially as a photographer, you'll have a blast. I would actually vote to use the few hours you have at HS since there's so little to do there. But I can't skip Tower of Terror either! Then take one full day and really explore AK.

Personally, there are more things I enjoy at AK than HS. For a photographer, AK is fabulous! Even though there isn't an enormous amount of attractions at AK, the real charm of the park is soaking in the atmosphere which had more rich detail and theming than probably anywhere else in WDW. If you only have a few hours, it's totally worth it!

AK is a photographers dream! I would definitely recommend it even if you don't go on many attractions, the walk in itself is worth it.. Not only will you have endless animals to capture in a beautiful environment, but AK is amazingly themed with different unique lands of scenery, architecture, and hidden nooks and finds.. I find Africa to be the most impressive land with so many intricate details in the buildings and surrounding areas, I have captured some amazing photographs in Africa, especially with the recent expansions which have added even more themed areas and unique facades. There are also so amazingly themed queues in Asia (Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest).... Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter