• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom vs Epcot

Epcot has been my daughter's favourite park since the age of 3. She will be 6 on our next trip and she still considers Epcot her favourite park.

Plus, it's so HOT. Well, maybe we always skip it because we go in August. :beach:[/QUOTE]

We go in August as well, and trust me when I tell you, the show is very crowded. Perhaps not "packed" as in the bleachers in the back usually have a few seats left, but kids seem to love it.

Anyhoo, whatever works best for the OP is really what matters, she knows her child.

And yes, I am a dyed in the wool AK nut.:lmao:

Epcot. They have a passport in crafts for kids to do in every country. More to do/see @ Epcot for sure. :) Plus princesses are there too ;) They have cool shows in FRance Italy Etc too

Epcot

My DD's favorite parks, in order, have always been MK, Epcot, AK, DHS.

If your daughter was really into animals then I'd say AK. Without the animals there isn't as much to do except for shows, and my DD never had much patience for shows. She likes Festival of the Lion King now, but wouldn't sit through it at age 4. She has always enjoyed the Boneyard playground. When she was little she liked taking the train to the section where you can brush goats. There's also the Triceratops Spin ride, basically Dumbo with dinosaurs.

At Epcot my DD always liked Ellen's Energy, but I don't know why. I'd think most little kids wouldn't enjoy it lol. She likes to go through Innoventions and participate in a few of the activities -- Piggy Bank Adventure and the Fire Safety ones in particular. There's the Figment ride, Maelstrom, and Grand Fiesta, the Nemo ride, Seas aquarium and activities, and Turtle Talk with Crush. Also, princess meet and greets all around the World Showcase.

I would have to go with Epcot too. My dd is quite a bit older (she was 11 on our last trip) and Epcot was her favorite park, hands down. (AK was her second favorite). When she was your dd's age (on our trip before the last), she slept through most of AK and still enjoyed Epcot.

From the limited description, I say Epcot. There will be more to do with Nemo, JII and SE to start. There is also the P&F adventures in the WS and kids activities there as well.

my personal choice would be AK, but if she's not into animals, i guess epcot might be a better pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter