• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani or Jambo??

pooh's_my_fave

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

I'm trying to plan our first WDW trip for this February, and would love to stay at AKV. What are the main differences between the two villas? I know Kidani is newer, but that's about all I know.

We'll be down for my daughter to be married, so there will be other family there as well. We'll be booking a 1BR plus a studio (no 2BR available right now), and I imagine the grandparents will book a studio or a regular room at AKL.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Andrea :)

It really depends on how you vacation. I love staying at Jambo House because I love being close to Jiko, The Mara (quick service restaurant) and Boma, as well as the overall atmosphere. However, I do love the pool area at Kidani Village with the water play area for kids. Its just a really cool pool. Thankfully you can use the pool at either. If you have any family that will be staying in a regular room then to be close to them you would need to book at Jambo House. This is my absolute favorite resort on property.

Kidani is smaller and therefore has fewer guests, which leads to a more intimate.
Kidani is the 1st stop for bus pick up and drop off.
Food at Kidani is limited to 1 TS resteraunt, while Jambo has 2 TS, one of which is upscale dinning, as well as a counter service location.
Both have gift shops, however, Jambo is much, much, much larger.
The lobby at Jambo is absolutely breath taking.

How far of a walk is it to the counterservice if you are staying at Kidani?

I think it's a good 10 minute walk between Jambo and Kidani. It's not exactly convenient if you're carrying a bunch of food.

A recent post said there is now a shuttle between the Jambo and Kidani.

Kidani has underground parking, a very cool water play area at the pool, zero entry pool, the one bedrooms have two full bathrooms (the tub in the master bathroom is amazing!!!), there is a TS restaurant and a little store that offers quick grab goodies and mug refilss. Jambo has two TS restaurants, and a CS, zero entry pool, and good children's playground. Both are great but if having other people staying with you in a one bedroom I'd opt for Kidani for that second full bathroom.

We love AKL/AKV Kidani and Jambo and don't think you can really go wrong with either.

Jambo House villas are located on the fifth and sixth floors (sixth floor is five two bedroom lockoff concierge villas - tough to get). They are converted hotel rooms. In the one bedroom and larger the shower in the master bedroom is combined with the tub - not separate like the other DVC resorts. The two bedroom villas are all lockoffs - meaning a one bedroom combined with a studio.

Kidani has the separate shower from tub in the master bathroom. There are dedicated two bedroom villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter