Animal Kingdom-Tree of Life Opening Ceremony

jennih

Earning My Ears
Could anyone tell me more about this character opening at Animal Kingdom? Everyone is admitted into the park 15 minutes early and the characters do greetings at the Tree of Life? Do they actually do greetings or just a little skit? We have a 4-year-old son-would this be worth it for us, or should we just head for the main attractions? Are they the same characters that can be seen all day at the Character Trails? I also read in the Times Guides that Lilo and Stitch are at the Island Mercantile. Has anyone seen them there? I would like to know how long the lines generally are. We MUST see Lilo and Stitch somewhere and I was thinking AK is probably the place to do it!! We are leaving Saturday :cool1:

The character opening is a skit and you can't go to the attractions until it is over, they finish when the park opens. If you wait and do character interactions the lines will be shortest for them at this time but the ride lines will be piling up. When I have seen Lilo or stich (usually Lilo and not stitch) the line has between 6 and 10 families. The characters from the morning woulf be Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, ect that are available on the trails much of the day.

Something I learned at AK last year that I didn't know was done. My DD and DN got to the rope first that morning and when my mother and I caught up to them the CM removed the rope and took us on a PRIVATE safari ride before the park opened. It was the coolest. Just the four of us and the CM walking to the safari ride. He pointed out a lot of stuff on the way. We hopped in our truck and took off. Four of us, the driver, and the CM/tour guide. We also got an all day FP for the safari.

Oh, we were at AK at opening of the turnstiles on Saturday, and most people were just rushing to EE, and we were with them. I had heard about special opening events, but didn't see any. Now I know what to look for, and where. We passed some CM who were by Discovery Island, but they seemed to realize that people were just passing by them, and they waved.

Bobbi :)

Wasen't there the "Awakening"? We never made it that early.

Is the private safari ride done every day at Animal Kingdom? I have never heard of it before! Do I dare ask how early you were to get to do something like this? I know a lot of people now make early ADR's for Restaurantosaurus so that they can get to Everest first-are they included in the first to the ropes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter