Animal Kingdom Tour - Wild Africa Trek

sberlin102273

Earning My Ears
Has anyone experienced the Wild Africa Trek at AK? My DD is 9 and want to have a new experience while we are on vacation in June.

The tour was simply amazing!! Worth every penny. The only regret I have is not taking my ds13. This was a surprise anniversary gift from my husband, but boy did I feel guilty. The tour guides were great. I can't say enough good things. If you had any doubts because of the price, don't. It was a truly magical experience.

Did it with my DH for Valentines Day easier in the month. Was wonderful!! We took a ton of pictures and just got the disk of pictures they took they were all great.
We are planning to do it again when we go next with our children as they are so sorry they missed it.

LOVED IT!!!

My DD (16) and I just did the trek earlier this month and both really loved the experience. Our guides (Jason and Shelley) were very knowledgeable and personable and added to the experience.

There was a wide range of ages in our group- from a little boy (probably age 8 or 9) up thru a couple in their mid-50s.

We took the 8:45 am tour and timing worked perfectly. Not the first tour so we weren't stressed about getting a WDW bus early enough but not so late that it could have been hot. The stop for our snack was around 11- again- great timing for a snack.

Happy to answer any questions.

I'd say go for it and have fun!

We did it last October with our son and his friend. It was great. I just wished I had looked at the crocodiles a bit instead of just my feet walking across the rope bridge. I was so busy trying to hit the boards (they are spaced at different intervals) that all the photos of me have me looking down at my feet.

We'd do this again.

My family said they weren't interested in doing any tours so I did this on one of my solo trips.

It was fantastic. I had a great time. I'm afraid of heights and have been working on that and didn't have any problems going on the high bridges. I even stopped and took a couple of pictures while crossing.

When I got home and showed the family the pictures, my husband and son now want to do it so I'm planning on booking it next week for our June trip for the 3 of us. My DD isn't interested and said she wants to rest in our room instead of doing the Wild Africa Trek.

A couple of things they will tell you - closed toed shoes only. And you can't bring anything in your pockets.
You can bring a camera if it can be connected to the vest but you can't bring extra batteries or SD cards because those can't be connected to the vest. It's for the safety of the animals - no lose items.
Also no phones were allowed unless they could be tethered to the vest. I left mine in the locker.

They had lockers that you put your stuff into before getting geared up. They have locks so everything is secure.

I can't wait to do it again.

DH did it 2 years ago solo. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do the "hiking" He loved it and after I saw his pictures, I decided I could. Last year we went and took DS and DDiL. It was amazing. Worth every penny

We did the Trek last Oct. and loved it. We had a great time hiking, going over the bridges and the snack and view are awesome. My DD13 at the time said it was the best thing she has ever done at WDW. It is pricey but worth it.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter