Animal Kingdom to Trails End

mocame

Mouseketeer
We will be spending a day at Animal Kingdom and going to Trails End for dinner. What is the best way to get from the Animal Kingdom to Trails End and about how long does it take?

There's a bus, but it goes to the wrong end of FW. You could then use the internal FW bus to complete the trip.

Or, take a bus to MK, then a boat to the correct side of FW.

There's a bus, but it goes to the wrong end of FW. You could then use the internal FW bus to complete the trip.

Or, take a bus to MK, then a boat to the correct side of FW.

Does a bus go directly from AK to MK? I thought they only go to resorts.

If it was me, I would take the bus to FW and then take an internal bus to Trail's end.

I would take a bus to the Contemporary and the a boat to Fort Wilderness. Bus to Fort Wilderness might be quicker but this a little more scenic.

there has been direct transpotation between all parks for years..i suppose you could say except for MK/Epcot because of monorail and ttc lol
Yes, since there have been multiple parks, there has been transportation between them.

Bus to Fort Wilderness and then the internal bus to Trail's End will be the fastest. You won't wait longer than 5 mins for an internal bus since there are three buses that take different routes but all end at the other side of Fort Wilderness. You could take a bus to MK and then get on the boat to the Fort. It will be scenic but could easily take twice as much time. How are you getting back to your resort after dinner? The boat to MK and then a bus to your resort would be the fastest. The Chip and Dale campfire sing a long is fun and free if you are able to stay for it.

We will be spending a day at Animal Kingdom and going to Trails End for dinner. What is the best way to get from the Animal Kingdom to Trails End and about how long does it take?

The easiest way to do this would be:
-Get on a Contemporary bus at AK
-Get off at Contemp, walk through the resort to the boat dock
-Boat to Fort Wilderness
-Walk up the path to Trails End

I would budget just over an hour for this journey, just incase you have just missed the bus or boat. Like Disney says, 1.5 hrs transport to meals

We did this exact same thing on our Thanksgiving trip a few years back. We took the bus to FW and then took the internal bus to Trail's End. It took about an hour and a half. This year we will take a bus to Wilderness Lodge (mainly to show it to my MIL) and then boat over. Our return will be boating to MK and a bus to our resort from there.

Nice but not quick. Bus to Fort Wilderness. Internal bus to trails end. Then if you really want boat, do it after. The internal bus is really quick, no more than 5 minutes. Or, the quickest, quickest way to get to those far of parks is to rent a car. We alway rent or bring my car to the parks. It's sooo much easier when you want to get to hotels too!

Yes, since there have been multiple parks, there has been transportation between them.

Sorry, we've only been to Disney one time before and that was 7 years ago. Planning for this trip has been like learning everything all over again.

We'll probably take the bus to FW and then the internal bus to Trails End. On another day, we will be taking a boat from MK to eat at the Whispering Canyon Cafe so we'll get to experience the boat ride then. We're looking forward to that. :yay:

I've never been to FW before. What part of FW is Trails End located?

quickest, quickest way to get to those far of parks is to rent a car. We alway rent or bring my car to the parks. It's sooo much easier when you want to get to hotels too!
But you would still have to take the internal bus to TE. You park on the same end as the bus arrives.

Fastest would usually be bus to WL, then bus (not boat) to FtW. The bus ride from WL to FtW is under 5 minutes, runs every 15 minutes (it's on a schedule, unlike most WDW buses), and goes directly to the Settlement.

If the bus to FtW shows up at AK before the one to WL, take that one; difference in total travel time is just a few minutes.

About the car to Fort Wilderness - true, you gotta park. But at least its on your timeline to get out of Animal Kingdom, not the bus to FW. That little bit might be a time saver. But no matter what, bus or drive, you have to land up at the bus section of FW and then bus in (doesn't matter which one) to the center. And Trails End is right next to Pioneer Hall, where Hoop Dee Doo show is held. I have heard that Hoop and Trails share kitchen and food. So if you want a show with your food, you might want to schedule Hoop instead of Trails. Or not. But I think it's the same food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter