• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom Shows

potc

yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me
We will be on our honeymoon and have no children. I'm wondering which shows at Animal Kingdom are worth it?

I think we are going to plan on seeing the last Lion King show no matter what. But what about Finding Nemo & Flights of Wonder?

IMHO, FotLK is a must see, at least once.

FoW is very enjoyable and never seems to be packed.

We've never seen FN but I have heard mixed reviews.

If you like animals and birds, I would do Flights of Wonder. I met my husband while we both worked at a pet store in college, so we are both animal lovers. We really like Flights of Wonder. We actually saw it twice during our last trip.

We also really like Finding Nemo. Granted, we have kids, but I would see it even if I didn't since I Finding Nemo is one of my favorite movies :)

Flights of wonder was fun. We just happened to be in the area when a show was starting so went to it. It was cute & nice to sit down.

I like them all. If I only had time to do a few, I would nix Nemo and go to FotLK and FoW.

I think all three are fantastic! We absolutely will not miss FoW and generally alternate between FotLK and Nemo. When it's really hot, Nemo is a great cool-down opportunity but when we combine the cool temp and the dark theater, we seem to come out a bit lethargic. We really enjoy the show, but we generally try to get lunch after Nemo so we can kind of recharge. FotLK is much more energetic and doesn't slow us down, so to speak. As I said before though, they're all great! All three are definitely worth seeing at some point!

Ditto all the pps who've said that all of the shows are great, but Lion King stands out as the best.

Yes, Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo are both a must! My husband and I have no kids either and we enjoyed both shows!

First of all, congratulations! :goodvibes

We love all three! I'll never understand the complaints against Nemo, the puppets are beautiful and it's just an amazingly creative stage show.

If we have to skip one, it's Flights of Wonder, but only because our two DDs are CRAZY for Simba and Nemo!

Congrats! Enjoy your honeymoon!

Lion King is number 1 for us and Flights of Wonder number 2. We managed to get in Nemo last trip and I was not that impressed, but each to his own! Most of our crew took a nap and were refreshed after.:banana:

I was at AK yesterday and saw Nemo - thought it was fantastic - I have seen it before but thought the cast was especially on yesterday. Honestly I'd try to do all three - the shows are one of the stand out things at AK in my mind. If you plan it right I think you can easily see all three. They are all great for adults.

Enjoy your trip!:)

Nemo is my favorite show in AK. The puppetry, props, and music are wonderful, and it's a nice air-conditioned break during the day. I also enjoy the Lion King show, which is fun for all ages. Lion King has more audience participation and we like the "Cirque du Soleil"-style acrobatics and the fire dancer (who does the same tricks as the fire dancer at the Poly's luau). DH & I do Flights of Wonder every couple of years. It's a good option to fill time between Fastpasses, but neither of us would consider it a favorite. (Not sure if you've locked in your dining plans for AK, but we especially enjoy breakfast at AK's Rainforest Cafe. Their breakfast options are HUGE and the restaurant is empty in the morning. Our favorite is their breakfast pizza, which we share and can't finish because it's so big. It's a fun, less expensive, and less crowded way to experience Rainforest Cafe before it gets busy.) Have a great trip!!!

We plan to take the kids to see all of these. At least FOTLK and Nemo. Do they just post the show time and you come back or do you have to make some kind of reservation? Sorry, I am clueless:)

All four shows are great. Memo lion king and flights are interesting and a must see. And if you are into this. Show 4. We enjoy getting on the first train ride back to the animal areas. If you are lucky you will be able to see the vets doing work on animals. We watched them last year give one of the large cats a complete exam. This was very interesting and a fun activity

We plan to take the kids to see all of these. At least FOTLK and Nemo. Do they just post the show time and you come back or do you have to make some kind of reservation? Sorry, I am clueless:)

They are all first come first served now. No reservations, just like all the other park shows.

All four shows are great. Memo lion king and flights are interesting and a must see. And if you are into this. Show 4. We enjoy getting on the first train ride back to the animal areas. If you are lucky you will be able to see the vets doing work on animals. We watched them last year give one of the large cats a complete exam. This was very interesting and a fun activity

Not a show. The chance to observe the medial procedures on the animals are not advertised with show times. But I agree that if anyone has an interest in veterinary medicine, the opportunity to watch some of these procedures first thing in the morning should be put into your park plan.

Nemo is pretty good for kids. The only reason I like Nemo is because I have extensive theatre background, so I enjoy looking at it from that point of view and seeing the performance abilities of the actors, the intricacies of the blocking and puppetry, etc.

FoLK is a must see. The stunts, music, and voices are all so great.

I have actually not seen FoW before, so I can't comment on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter