Animal Kingdom Question

triplejoy

Earning My Ears
My wife and I will be visiting the world for a quick trip in a couple of weeks. We have not been to AK since EE opened. What is the quickest route to this attraction from the front gate?...
- turn right and go through Dinoland, or go through Asia by Kali River?

Thanks for any help. We look forward to a return to AK and to Epcot on our second day there.

My wife and I will be visiting the world for a quick trip in a couple of weeks. We have not been to AK since EE opened. What is the quickest route to this attraction from the front gate?...
- turn right and go through Dinoland, or go through Asia by Kali River?

Thanks for any help. We look forward to a return to AK and to Epcot on our second day there.

Some say that its via Dinoland but, the best route to EE queue and FP distribution is via the ASIA entrance.

Why?

A. Because it is a SHORTER ROUTE to the ENTRANCE to EE than going via Dinoland entrance. (Dinoland is closer to the "mountain" itself, but not the entrance and FP machines).

B. Because if the crowds are building the lines, you will have to WALK PAST them to actually get IN the line, if you come in from the Dinoland direction.

Like many "routes" at WDW the one you come to "FIRST" is not necessarily the one to choose... because of the convoluted direction it may follow.

Despite how it may appear just LOOKING at it, the route through Dinoland is quite a bit LONGER in distance than the Asia route. Enough that if the crowds are pouring in, you'll end up much farther back in the line by the time you reach the queue.

And, if you are there in the morning for Rope Drop, a CM will walk you (and hundreds of your closest friends) back to EE anyway (via the Asia route).

Thank you Robo! I appreciate the detailed info and thorough explanation.

triplejoy/Rick

I can second the route through Asia instead. Everything I have read in my Guide books agrees and it's their jobs to get you places fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter