• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom QS Between Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids

rykaydad

Earning My Ears
We would like to squeeze in a QS lunch between our two FP+'s at these two attractions. Any suggestions?

Flame tree BBQ has excellent food. Follow the path that takes you to the river and there are covered areas to eat and you can see Everest. Also there is Yak & Yeti counter service which is between the two rides and their food is good. Again look for a place to eat by the river across from the restaurant as it is cooler.

Ditto----Yak and Yeti counter service is not as good as the sit down--nor is it air conditioned but the food is good, not great, but good and they give you a lot. In my opinion it is a sharable meal. They also have a musician and dancers that come out to the road in front. Very entertaining.

Yak & Yeti (the quick service version) is perfectly situated if you're wanting to stay convenient. This is one of our favorite quick service options in any of the parks. As noted above, it is very shareable so, as a family, you could get two or three things and let everybody try a little of each. It's basically Americanized Chinese food similar to what you might get at any local Chinese restaurant in typical suburbia. If you like that (and we do), then for a quick service option, it's great. If you have a little more time, I'd tell you to go on into the table service version of Yak & Yeti and enjoy a step up in similar cuisine...or get their burger, which is at or near the top of the WDW burger list. If sticking with QS and Chinese is not your thing, then Flame Tree BBQ would be a definite good alternative, but you're going a little out of your way to get there.

Flame Tree BBQ and Yak & Yeti QS are both good quality choices. I think AK has the best QS of any Disney Park

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! My wife is not a fan of Chinese "fast food" (even though she married an Asian), so we'll probably go to Flame Tree BBQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter