• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom parking

picprincess

Mouseketeer
We are staying off-site and are planning on rope drop at AK on Tuesday, May 30th and are driving to the park. I remember a few years ago that the AK parking lots didn't open as early as the other lots. Does it still work this way or are you able to enter at any time? Anyone have current experience driving to AK in the early morning?

What time would you suggest getting there for the 8am opening with the plan on hitting Pandora first thing? We are planning on standby of NRJ and have FP for FoP.

THANKS!!

I can't confirm this as I like to sleep but I'm 99% sure the lot doesnt' close like that anymore.

people going for the first week (which is when your going) are talking about getting there like 5 or 6am. I have no clue what will really happen and you can't gauge by opening weekend but first 2 weeks, something new is usually packed and packed early.

I can't confirm this as I like to sleep but I'm 99% sure the lot doesnt' close like that anymore.

people going for the first week (which is when your going) are talking about getting there like 5 or 6am. I have no clue what will really happen and you can't gauge by opening weekend but first 2 weeks, something new is usually packed and packed early.

Thank you! I don't think we'll make 5am, but we'll go earlier than usual!

You can park anytime. If you get there early enough and beat the parking lot CM's you can park for free before the booths open.

For Pandora with 8am opening..I'd try to be there around 6:30 or 7. An hour ahead should be enough where your wait shouldn't be too long. Luckily you already have a fast pass

We didn't have any issues with the parking lot opening up early enough last year for rope drop. We usually get there 30-45 minutes before at least, so I think you are good. Plus, I think they are going to have to be opening up early for Pandora or will traffic will back up onto the road. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter