Animal kingdom or MGM??

Sleepingbty

Earning My Ears
Ok we are divided about which park to visit half of the family wants to go to MGM the other to Animal Kingdom. We can only do one. WHich one is better?? Thank you so much!

If you have a park hopper pass, why not do both?!!! You can do the best bits of AK (comando style:crazy:) in three hours or so, so if you're there for opening, you can be over in MGM for lunch-time!!!

Just an idea - I'd find it hard to choose!!!! :sunny: :smooth:

Have you seen the shows at AK ?
If not, then I would say AK, the shows are , Festival of the
Lion King and Trazan Rocks, and they are great.
If, you have seen them, then you can't go wrong,
both, parks are a lot of fun.

depends on your family
with us AK definatly

MGM is only 1/2 day park for us

but i like the idea of hopping if you can

either way i'm sure you'll have fun :D

Both parks have excellent shows. If any of your group are more into rides rather than shows, the studios is the way to go. The biggest and best show at the studios is Fantasmic and that is after dark(thought that might make a difference in your planning):earsboy:

I would not say that one is better than the other. Just different. Get the details of each park and think which park your family would your family would enjoy more.

One thing to remember, MGM is open longer than the AK.

I'm prepared to take some heat for this opinion but here goes :firefight .... AK is our least favorite park! We are going for a week this month and don't plan to visit it once !:eek:

We have been there twice and just decided there are other places (like MGM) that we would rather do twice. I'm not sure what it is about AK that doesn't work for us but both times we have bolted out after 1/2 day there. I guess it is not enough "zoo" for us (we love zoos and have been to some awesome ones) but not enough attractions either. When it is croweded the paths seem too small.

Now if people in your group have never been to either AK and MGM I would say do a half day at both, AK in morning for safari and MGM afternoon and stay for Fantasmic.

We have always thought that MGM was a 1/2 day park until our last trip. We did all the rides we wanted (hardly any waits), ate at Prime Time Cafe, and were ready to leave about 3:00.

But as we were walking down the main street to get out, we discovered the acts that go on. We ended up staying until 6pm watching the acts. I felt like we became groupies. One act would play on the Tower of Terror street for about 25 minutes, then they would stop and the other act would start out on the other street. This went on all afternoon. We would just travel from spot to spot. And we weren't alone. It seemed as if we were traveling as a group. And there were regulars there too. I overheard one of the CM's asking a guest what they thought of the new act.

I had no idea any of this happened. They were all soooo funny and enjoyable, it will definitely become part of our touring plan!

:earsgirl:

I think that you should go to the AK in the morning and than at night go to dinner at the MGM so you can get a little bit of both and your family will have fun to.

pirate:

I say hit both parks on one day! We kinda did that and it worked out great. Try AK at opening till about 1:30pm and head on to the bus to MGM. Be there by 2:30pm and dining at 50's Prime Time. Ours were just hitting MGM on arrival day and hitting AK on departure day since both were 1/2 day allowing for airport time.

There are wonderful attractions at both parks and why let anyone go home thinking they didn't get to experience what they wanted to.

When I was there in January, these 2 parks on the days we went had the least amount of people in them, so it was easy to do everything we wanted in a short amount of time.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter