Animal Kingdom Opening Time - Pandora Related

RyMickey

Disney Freak
I've been super lazy preparing for this trip we're currently on so I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but has Animal Kingdom been opening any earlier than its scheduled posting or been allowing anyone through the ticket gates prior to a scheduled park opening of 9am?

We've got one morning for AK and we'd like to explore Pandora. Staying offsite this trip didn't allow for a Flight of Passage Fastpass so we've got to wait in the line and wanted to minimize our wait time as much as possible. We planned on arriving around 8:30, but didn't want to already be behind everyone else if the park opens its gates sooner.

I've been super lazy preparing for this trip we're currently on so I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but has Animal Kingdom been opening any earlier than its scheduled posting or been allowing anyone through the ticket gates prior to a scheduled park opening of 9am?

We've got one morning for AK and we'd like to explore Pandora. Staying offsite this trip didn't allow for a Flight of Passage Fastpass so we've got to wait in the line and wanted to minimize our wait time as much as possible. We planned on arriving around 8:30, but didn't want to already be behind everyone else if the park opens its gates sooner.
8:00 would be better. Others have reported being allowed into Pandora early enough that they are exiting FoP at 9:00.

8:30 would put you behind a lot of the early arrivers.

We were at Animal Kingdom today. Pulled in the parking lot at 8:05 for a 9am opening. No wait at bag check at 8:15. Got in the furthest to the left line and about 8:20 they qued people up in an empty entrance line that they had been using for early dining reservations. Fourth family through the gate. Walked quickly (along with almost everyone else) to Pandora. Waited on walkway before crossing the bridge into the land for about 5 min. By 8:35 we had crossed the bridge and we lined up waiting behind CM's where the walkway split for Nav'i or FOP. No later than 8:40 they let us go to the ride. I rode Nav'i twice before 9:00am with my 2yr old nephew, while everyone else rode FOP. They joined us for another ride on Nav'i with about a 5min wait at 9:10. Definitely get there early!! At 9:10 the posted wait time was 120min.

We were at Animal Kingdom today. Pulled in the parking lot at 8:05 for a 9am opening. No wait at bag check at 8:15. Got in the furthest to the left line and about 8:20 they qued people up in an empty entrance line that they had been using for early dining reservations. Fourth family through the gate. Walked quickly (along with almost everyone else) to Pandora. Waited on walkway before crossing the bridge into the land for about 5 min. By 8:35 we had crossed the bridge and we lined up waiting behind CM's where the walkway split for Nav'i or FOP. No later than 8:40 they let us go to the ride. I rode Nav'i twice before 9:00am with my 2yr old nephew, while everyone else rode FOP. They joined us for another ride on Nav'i with about a 5min wait at 9:10. Definitely get there early!! At 9:10 the posted wait time was 120min.

Just wanted to throw a huge thank you your way. Your method worked wonders and it's what I'll be doing on subsequent trips in the future too. Similar to you, we arrived at bag check by 8:15 and we were maybe the eighth-twelfth people in line. The ticket gates opened around 8:20 and we walked to Pandora (yes, others ran, but not us)...or, more specifically to are right around Tiffins. Around 8:30, they moved us forward some more into Pandora and at 8:40 (honestly, maybe a little earlier...), they started us on the slow walk to Flight of Passage. We were off the ride before 910am, but we spent a little time in the shop and looked at the area right around the exit. Around 9:15, we walked by the end of the line and the wait time was 180 minutes -- yikes! -- and Na'Vi River's wait time was 40-50 (can't remember which).

Nonetheless, your plan was perfect and your help was much appreciated! I imagine this was quicker than even using a FastPass in the middle of the day...

So glad to help! And glad you that you had the same experience we did! Enjoy the rest of your vacay!

How are the crowds heading to FoP? Overwhelming? Jockeying for position? I've seen pictures and it gives me anxiety, but you guys make it sound easy, so perhaps it's not as bad?
OH, and did you go through the standby queue or the FP queue?

If the park opens at 8:00, would you recommend arriving at 7:00? Thanks
Yes. If you want to be close to the front I would get there around 7. We just did this walked from bus stop and then through security (no wait) and in line about 7:15. They let us into the park at 7:30.

Thank you for this! We will be there Friday morning and this will be my plan! How long is the walk to Pandora? Do you think it will be a “follow the crowd” sort of thing? I’ve been known to get lost pretty easily...

Thank you for this! We will be there Friday morning and this will be my plan! How long is the walk to Pandora? Do you think it will be a “follow the crowd” sort of thing? I’ve been known to get lost pretty easily...

The walk isn't far. It ia about as far to go into Pandora as it is to get from the tapstiles to the path to Pandora just before Pizzafari.

See the AK guide maps:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/disney-animal-kingdom-map.htm

You will not get lost. You will be following the crowd from the tapstiles to the rope into Pandora. Once they drop the rope you will follow the CM's into Pandora and to FoP.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

The walk isn't far. It ia about as far to go into Pandora as it is to get from the tapstiles to the path to Pandora just before Pizzafari.

See the AK guide maps:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/disney-animal-kingdom-map.htm

You will not get lost. You will be following the crowd from the tapstiles to the rope into Pandora. Once they drop the rope you will follow the CM's into Pandora and to FoP.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!
Thank you! Doing the happy dance!

How are the crowds heading to FoP? Overwhelming? Jockeying for position? I've seen pictures and it gives me anxiety, but you guys make it sound easy, so perhaps it's not as bad?
OH, and did you go through the standby queue or the FP queue?

Of course there will be people pushing their way to the front or running to get there first. My opinion of the whole thing was that regardless of how many people were in front of me, I was already going to be in sooooo much better shape than I would’ve been otherwise so I didn’t feel the need to run. I just kept the pace with the normal crowd (maybe the slightest bit faster than a normal walking pace). I mean, it is a lot of people in a walking path, but it’s no different from being packed like sardines in the Tough to Be a Bug waiting area or the Rock n Roller coaster preshow room.

As far as the queue goes, I’m not sure. I assume we went through the regular queue but a shortened version of it. I know at one point a cast member ushered us into an emergency exit door which was when we went inside. I believe we were walking through a standard military-looking corridor at that point and then we were quickly pushed through the “lab” setting.

And for the poster who was afraid they’d get lost...you’re just following the crowd. While a few will branch off to the river cruise, nearly everyone else will be going to Flight of Passage. And there was a directional sign at the split point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter