Animal Kingdom max capacity b/c Pandora?

WhoFramedRogerRabbit

Earning My Ears
As far as my knowledge is concerned, Animal Kingdom has only reached capacity twice ever, and both during Christmas time. I feel this land has been hyped for a couple of years now, and WDW hasn't opened something this big in a little while, on top of that this new land is opening JUST as schools start to get out.

I think we might see some park closures, or at least one, coming from Animal Kingdom with every bit of the equation added up. What do you all think?
(I'm not sure if this has been talk about yet, so I apologize if it has.)

I don't know enough about historic crowd levels to say, but we were looking to book a trip over Memorial Day weekend solely to attend the opening of Pandora, and were looking at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for its proximity. I checked this morning and we had our pick of rooms at the resort, including a standard view room, even booking on a discount.

That was surprising to me to say the least.

I don't know enough about historic crowd levels to say, but we were looking to book a trip over Memorial Day weekend solely to attend the opening of Pandora, and were looking at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for its proximity. I checked this morning and we had our pick of rooms at the resort, including a standard view room, even booking on a discount.

That was surprising to me to say the least.
I'm actually glad to hear this since we are staying at AKV 29-31 and had it planned a long time ago. I was hoping to possibly get in to see Pandora.

This is correct. We are going in June. I showed my kids the preview of Pandora and they couldn't have cared less.

I'm guessing Memorial Day weekend at AK will be swamped with teeming masses of bloggers and vloggers, in addition to other guests anxious to see Pandora.

Record breaking? I suppose it's possible.

I booked another trip for June 9-12 when I saw the opening date for Pandora. Booked AKL standard view with passholder discount. Who knows, with all of this hype maybe the lines for Frozen will go down some :lmao: :rotfl:

I think it's possible but between florida resident discounted tickets that can't be used in ak for 2 weeks after opening, the rumors of aprilish AP and DVC previews that would help get locals away from the first couple weeks it opens they are really spreading it out..

It is considered to be an equalizer land. actually all work going on in all parks, including the upcoming epcot stuff that nobody has said what it is yet is equalizers. Basically they are designed to spread the crowd out evenly between all the parks instead of MK getting the bulk of the daily visitor and the rest lacking in their year to year growth (or not growing). Cars land in disneyland was this as well.

it'll be crowded, it could close but it depends on where capacity really is. acre wise, ak is the largest park and pandora just makes it larger but a lot of that acreage is for the animals so i'm not sure how it plays on capacity. I know the skinny walkways is going to really suck even if it doens't close for capacity.

Im already dreading the 60+ day FP window for anything related to Pandora rides. Like the A&E M&G I'm anticipating a free for all on booking day.

Animal kingdom has never fully closed. It last reached a phase 2 out of 4 closure about 6 years ago.

If there is any phased closures at all, then it won't surpass phase 2. I wouldn't worry

I don't think that they would close the park, but I do think that there will be a wait to get into the land if you are not early enough.

From the previews they were showing on The View this morning with Whoopi, it looks like to get into the land you'll have to go through a door that is very narrow to possibly be "transported" into Pandora a la Diagon Alley. I imagine that will have a toll with the massive crowds that will arrive, or Disney has figured out a queue for the area.

Any thoughts on FP for the new attractions - June 3rd visit??? We're scheduled for dinner with ROL 1st viewing and would love to include Avatar.

Yes. Hoping it's slowed down by October! Want it to succeed, but want to be able to see it!!

I think it's possible but between florida resident discounted tickets that can't be used in ak for 2 weeks after opening, the rumors of aprilish AP and DVC previews that would help get locals away from the first couple weeks it opens they are really spreading it out..

It is considered to be an equalizer land. actually all work going on in all parks, including the upcoming epcot stuff that nobody has said what it is yet is equalizers. Basically they are designed to spread the crowd out evenly between all the parks instead of MK getting the bulk of the daily visitor and the rest lacking in their year to year growth (or not growing). Cars land in disneyland was this as well.

it'll be crowded, it could close but it depends on where capacity really is. acre wise, ak is the largest park and pandora just makes it larger but a lot of that acreage is for the animals so i'm not sure how it plays on capacity. I know the skinny walkways is going to really suck even if it doens't close for capacity.
you mentioned the two weeks that resident discount tickets cant be used for 2 weeks, we will be there june 11-16. I know the parks will be crowded with pandora opening but since this window seems to expire right at our dates should I be prepared for a surge in crowd levels?

Im already dreading the 60+ day FP window for anything related to Pandora rides. Like the A&E M&G I'm anticipating a free for all on booking day.
A&E FP was only 10 FP per hour. I doubt that pandora will be the same. I am wondering about tiers

Same here. I remember the first few days of SDMT FP+ opening. The site crashed several times the first few days. We arrive on June 3rd so it's going to be kind of the same situation 60 days out.

A&E FP was only 10 FP per hour. I doubt that pandora will be the same. I am wondering about tiers

I'm more worried about system crashes. 2 years ago when we went i was anxiously awaiting midnight, and come midnight,, the system kept coming up with Stitch. I didn't wind up hitting bed until well after 1:00 a.m. and that wasn't anything related to new ride openings or the like.

Same here. I remember the first few days of SDMT FP+ opening. The site crashed several times the first few days. We arrive on June 3rd so it's going to be kind of the same situation 60 days out.

Only thing I remember of SDMT is the MK views with a crane in every shot. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter