Animal Kingdom Lodge

kcbutterfly

Mouseketeer
My mom and I are booked for Animal Kingdom Lodge in June. We are staying on the club level and hoping to book the sunrise safari. So excited! :cool1:
Anything you would recommend or tips for AKL?

My mom and I are booked for Animal Kingdom Lodge in June. We are staying on the club level and hoping to book the sunrise safari. So excited! :cool1:
Anything would would recommend or tips for AKL?

Eat at Jiko, and ask for the Macaroni and Cheese with the Steak.

Jiko is a GREAT place to eat! Make sure you go down at night and use the night vision goggles to watch the animals. The sunrise safari was so much fun! In fact we have not gone back on the regular safari as the sunrise was so much more fun! Take an afternoon to just hang out at the resort and relax.

I like Boma's dinner buffet as well. You might make your sunrise safari reservations sooner rather than later, as I believe any DVC member staying @ AKV can now reserve that safari, thus demand might be higher than before.

Love Jiko's. We haven't stayed at AKL for years but we always go to Jiko's. Have a drink at Victoria Falls; lovely atmosphere. Sit in some of the observation areas and just relax. If it wasn't so far off the beaten path we'd stay more often but the Epcot resorts or GF are more convenient for us. We did have a savannah room at AKL when we stayed and we loved it. Boma for breakfast was great.

Explore Relax Explore some more, & have fun.....This place is the best....Forget the fact that you are a lil further out from MK, because the buses run smoothly & quickly. Even better than the busses from BWV to MK, & a minute quicker too. Jiko Boma & don't forget Sanaa....This is an often forgotten TS...All are unique in there own specific way & each equally excellent.

There's sooo much to do around the resort, so make sure you make time and take it all in.

In my excitement, I just realized that when I booked online it didn't give us the option to request the kind of beds we wanted for our club level standard room. We definitely need 2 queen beds. Do I just need to call and request this? Is that something that can be guaranteed, or is it dependent on availability?

Anything you would recommend or tips for AKL?

How exciting :yay:. AKL is amazing. We haven't tried CL, but I have heard nothing but great things about it. I would suggest dinner at Boma if you haven't been as that's one of our favorites. I also love just walking around the resort taking in the surroundings as I think it's very peaceful and quiet :goodvibes.

Sunrise safari is booked! :yay:

:cool1:

In my excitement, I just realized that when I booked online it didn't give us the option to request the kind of beds we wanted for our club level standard room. We definitely need 2 queen beds. Do I just need to call and request this? Is that something that can be guaranteed, or is it dependent on availability?

I think there are only so many king rooms as most rooms have 2 queens, but since there are only 2 of you, I'd call and have "2 queen beds" put on the reservation just to be safe. You also might want to email IPO and give them the request as well :).

Are there a wide variety of family-friendly options on the Boma buffet?

I like Boma's dinner buffet as well. You might make your sunrise safari reservations sooner rather than later, as I believe any DVC member staying @ AKV can now reserve that safari, thus demand might be higher than before.

We just returned from AKL and though we were not club level, I do suggest you plan 1-2 resort days.
We actually fell in love with the resort so much that we delayed a park day just to use the pool and take in the beauty of it all.
I was happy just sitting in the lobby in the evening with a glass of wine and my kids glued to Mickey Mouse on tv :)

Looking over the Martin and Osa Johnson exhibit.

Drinks at Victoria Lounge AFTER 9pm when it is relatively not crowded.

Having wine on our balcony.

Roasting marshmallows over the fire pit.

Watching the animals with night vision goggles - actually talking to the Cast Members was more fun (they were from Kenya).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter