Animal Kingdom Lodge

I have stayed at both.

Kidani is STUNNING and beautiful. It is also a HIKE from the main building.

Jambo is more convenient, but rooms can still be a hike from food court, bus stop, etc. I got a pool view room and the location was fabulous.

As far as the DVC rooms: If I was staying in a studio, I would pick Jambo. If I wanted a 1 or 2 bedroom, I would pick Kidani.

For Grand Villas, I have only stayed in one at Kidani and it was stunning. I've read on here that the Jambo Grand Villas are even nicer but I have no personal experience.

A studio will only have one bed and a sleeper sofa. The regular hotel rooms at Jambo will have two beds (excluding any kind rooms if they exist there). If I am a group needing more than one bed but not wanting to spend more for the 1 or 2 bedrooms, I would always pick a regular hotel room with 2 beds over a studio. I don't like staying in a studio if the sleeper has to be unfolded for sleeping.

If I'm just 2 people, I prefer the studios over the regular hotel rooms.

Jambo.

We bought into DVC after staying twice at AKL Jambo....we stayed in Kidani once this past Sept...

We prefer Jambo, and it will always be our preference, but we do like Sanaa!

Jambo. No question.
Kidani is a lovely resort. We stayed there a couple of years ago. Horribly inconvenient. The simple lack of counter service is enough of a minus to overshadow all of the plusses.
The pool is beautiful....but you can use it if you are at Jambo.
The kids club is a nice distraction, but there is always something going on for kids at Jambo...much more so than other resorts. (bead activities, cookie decorating, drum lessons, night viewing goggles, etc)

The walk to most rooms at Kidani is also verrrrry long, though the views are stunning.

Stay at Jambo, play at Kidani if you have time. JMO.

Would pick Kidani in a heartbeat, I have stayed at both also.

I describe Kidani as a sleepy little village and Boma the hustle and bustle of the resort. What atmosphere works for you?

Both pools are beautiful, the walk is not that bad from Kidani to Jambo, if you don't want to walk, take the bus, we even had a CM take us in their golf cart once!

Sanaa awesome restaurant on the Kidani side, Boma awesome restaurant on Jambo side.

Both are nice! You won't be disappointed with either side! :)

Interesting to see the responses. I think it depends on what you like to do and whether or not you have a car.

For us, Jambo is best because of Mara. It is, hands down, our favorite QS at the resorts and we love being so close to it.

However, Kidani is fantastic also, but a long walk from Mara. You won't go wrong either way.

We have stayed at both and feel Kidani offers better savanna views and better room set ups. Remember that at Jambo, the villas are converted rooms on the 5th and 6th floors. You are able to be on lower floors at Kidani which we prefer for a better view. If you have a car, parking is convenient and covered at Kidani. Yes, Jambo has Mara but it is so easy to get there for us it is not a huge negative for Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter