Animal Kingdom Lodge vs Contemporary

AKL vs CR

• Animal Kingdom Lodge

• Contemporary

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Alright, I've finally chosen my "top" two choices for resorts for my next trip, now all I need is an AP rate! ;) I've decided to get two rooms, as the two bathrooms/two tv's came in very handy during our stay at WL a couple weeks ago. Plus, now that we're experiencing the DVC 2BR units, it's hard to stay in a hotel room!

If we stay at AKL, the rooms would be the standard or water/pool view. AKL appeals to us because it has the "lodge" feel to it, it is the newest deluxe, and we've never stayed there.

If we stay at the Contemporary, the rooms would be the standard garden wing rooms. The Contemporary appeals to me because of it's location next to the MK, the Grand Canyon Concourse, the monorail, the easy access to self parking right outside the wing, and the marina rentals. We have stayed at the Contemporary, but we were on the Tower Club level (LOVED the view!).

We'll be at the BoardWalk Villas the second half of our stay. :) I'm sure either resort would be great, but I'd like to hear opinions for both. Thanks! ;)

Well, here is my two cents.

CR feels like a hotel you could be in anyplace. (Plus that modern look is REALLY dated!) AKL is unlike any place else I have ever stayed.

I am not a big monorail fan. The one time I stayed on the monorail it TOOK forever to get to EPCOT! After the first try I just drove.

Bus service from AKL is the best I have ever experiened.

I just love the AKL even with it being away from the other areas it is a beautiful Resort.

Cali, Cali, Cali.....why are you fighting this? ;)

AKL...it's your destiny!

15_1_113.gif

The AKL is nothing like the other resorts!
It truely is it's own catagory!::yes::

Bambi --- okay, okay, okay --- I'll stick with AKL. I'm allowed to go the two room route instead of the concierge room, right?

Excellent choice - my vote for AKL as well - CR is a great location as you noted by AKL is a really special place

Plus having moved from AKL to BWV recently, it is a great spectrum of themeing of resorts to experience

thanks
jaysue

::yes::

Well call me the odd duck but I just wouldn't consider AKL. It does not appeal to me at all plus it's in the middle of nowhere. Will you have a car? We also didn't like AK so we're skipping that park on our next trip. Another reason to skip AKL, I don't even want to try to imagine my family eating at the AKL restaurants, lol. That just would never fly. I had a hard time getting them OUT of CR to go to the parks. We loved it there.

I hope it works out for you Cali.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter