Animal Kingdom Lodge to Disney Springs

pbrim

Mouseketeer
I am going to WDW in Sept after about 10 years absence. I will arrive on a Tues, early afternoon, at AKL with Wednesday my first day in the parks (always have to do MK the first day). I was thinking of going to Disney Springs for dinner on Tues, or maybe the Boardwalk (is Downtown Disney still there?). But I am having problems finding out how to get to either one from AKL without entering the parks. I will be in my ECV, so even having to walk (motor?) a ways is not a problem, but because of my ECV, I don't want to do a taxi or Minni, or whatever it is now. Any suggestions?

I am going to WDW in Sept after about 10 years absence. I will arrive on a Tues, early afternoon, at AKL with Wednesday my first day in the parks (always have to do MK the first day). I was thinking of going to Disney Springs for dinner on Tues, or maybe the Boardwalk (is Downtown Disney still there?). But I am having problems finding out how to get to either one from AKL without entering the parks. I will be in my ECV, so even having to walk (motor?) a ways is not a problem, but because of my ECV, I don't want to do a taxi or Minni, or whatever it is now. Any suggestions?
Disney Springs is the new name for Downtown Disney, and you can take a bus from AKL to get there. There is no bus from AKL to The Boardwalk.

AKL to Boardwalk: Bus to DHS, drive scooter to Boardwalk along path to the right of the bus stops (facing park entrance) along the waterways or take the boat. No need to enter park.

No need to enter any parks to get from AKL to either Disney Springs or the Boardwalk.

DS, although some changed from the Downtown Disney days of old, has been expanded and updated with lots of new restaurants and shops. I stay frequently at AKL and find the area DS very nicely laid out… I use an ECV, also. There are lovely areas along the lake to just “scoot” and enjoy 😊

Love the Boardwalk, as well, and there are some nice restaurants, e.g Flying Fish, Beaches and Cream over at Beach Club, but not really any shops besides those at the resorts, if you enjoy that.

Just in case, Disney Springs and Disney Boardwalk are 2 different areas of the resort. Disney Boardwalk is an Epcot area resort. There isn't much to do there compared to The Springs. You can get to The Springs by bus and then take the Boardwalk bus from there if you wanted to see both.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I wasn't sure from what I saw on the website if a bus went to Disney Springs or now, it's nice to know that it does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter