Animal Kingdom Lodge or Beach Club?..Help us decide..Tks!

Well I have never stayed at either, but if money is not an option I would say Beach Club, if it is a factor go with Animal Kingdom, you can probably get it cheaper. I am thinking about trying to rent some DVC points maybe in a few years at the Animal Kingdom for our next trip.

I have stayed at both and that is a VERY hard choice to make.

If you are comparing only the hotel itself, I would go with AKL.

If you are comparing all benefits of both resorts, I would say BC.

We absolutely LOVED AKL when we stayed there. When we were planning the next trip, we booked BC but I was very much on the fence about leaving a resort that I loved.

The BC did NOT disapoint. The proximity to Epcot & DHS, the many options for transportation (or walking), the dining options, the entertainment and travel times all gave the BC a "one-up" in my view.

We are returning to the BC for our upcoming trip (thanks to the 7 for 4 promotion) if that says anything.

AKL is a beautiful resort and has a lot to offer. For our family though, everything else that BC offers makes it our new favorite.

Good luck with your decision! I vote for staying at them both and seeing which your family prefers.

We have stayed at both, twice.

BC is our favorite resort.
AKL is our 2nd favorite.

How about a split stay? That's what we did this past summer.

If you can't do a split stay...then BC gets my vote.:thumbsup2

Just my two cents...I have stayed at both.

AKL is beautiful, relaxing, and has amazing food. One of the best Disney resorts for sure. It does not disappoint. Currently, I am booked there for our upcoming stay. HOWEVER...

DH just told me he much prefers being close to Epcot/DHS and the hustle & bustle of the Boardwalk area. So much so, we are leaning toward changing our ressie to Boardwalk Inn this time (mainly because of BC pool closure...BWI is very similar otherwise). We are Epcot lovers, so it suits us perfectly.

You really can't go wrong. Remember BC's pool is under rehab Jan-April. I don't recall when you are going, but this should be included as a consideration.

Good luck!

I would say BC
We have stayed at both and Love both but with the updated rooms, swimming, how close you are to everything and service you get I would say BC.
Also I know my husband likes the decor better at AKL but for me I like it more light and airy and that is how the BC feels to me!!!!

When are you planning to go? I stayed at AKL in Sept for a family gathering, and although I have LOVED AKL in the past, it is both beautiful and usually relaxing...this past September was less fabulous than other trips. There was ALOT of construction noise in our rooms from about 10AM until 5 or so PM daily (a problem as my Dad, 73, had planned to relax each afternoon in the room). The busses were chaotic this time as well, one afternoon I waited for about 40 mins for a bus to MK, something that had not happened in the past, and perhaps a fluke (and me impatient because of the jackhammering above my room most of the day). I would not recommend staying there until the construction is complete. It was my Dad's first trip since the 70s and probably his last to WDW and the daily construction noise really took away from the usual Disney magic. I was enormously disappointed as I was the one who talked the rest of the family into staying at AKL in the first place.

AKL if:
-- you love animals
-- you love the theming
-- you want to feel like you are getting away from the crowds of WDW

BC if:
-- you swim alot and really really want to play in Stormalong Bay
-- you like to spend a good amount of your time at Epcot (or DHS)
-- you like the theming

We love the YC (attached to the BC) because of the pool they share and the location so close to the back door of Epcot. We're staying at AKL on our net trip because we were so impressed with it when we visitied it that we're willing to give up the pool and location just to stay there!

Have a great time -- I think you'll have fun at either!:)

As the OP can see, the answer to this question is complex. If the OP can tell us a bit about the make-up of the party (how many adults/children?), ages, likes and dislikes and if you've ever visited WDW before, we could make some helpful personalized suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter