Animal Kingdom Lodge or All-Star Movies?

I think you made a good decision as long as it doesn't put you in debt. As far as the distance from AKL to everywhere else, it isn't any further than most of the moderate and value resorts. If you stayed at a value, you are either going to have to bus it or have a car as well so that is off the table. We stayed there for a couple of nights during a split stay and loved it.

I do not believe in buying something I can not pay for. No debt here. I am the type of person to use credit cards for the rewards not the type the charges to pay back later down the road. We are excited and ready to try our first deluxe! With it being our honeymoon I feel like this is where we need to be.

I didn't realize when I posted before that this was a honeymoon. AKL is definitely the way to go if you can afford it. ASM is fine but definitely more of a budget family oriented hotel. It doesn't have a honeymoon vibe. I recently booked the AKL at a good discount through Undercover Tourist. You might check them out if you have not already. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

SInce you can afford this, I think you made a good choice. AKL is one of the most stunning resorts on property, IMO. You are transported to a land far away, just lovely! You have time to enjoy the resort, so plan on exploring it and chatting with cast members.

AKL is a great choice, especially for your honeymoon! (Although, DH and I spent our honeymoon at All-Star Sports and that was lovely too...)

Enjoy!!

...My fiancé and I ended up choosing to stay at animal kingdom lodge. We choose this because it's our honeymoon and we have 6 day tickets for 8 nights...

That's exactly why I was going to suggest switching to AKL. It's one of those resorts that would be a waste of money if you don't spend any time there and enjoy what it has to offer.

Thank you all so much for the replies! My fiancé and I ended up choosing to stay at animal kingdom lodge. We choose this because it's our honeymoon and we have 6 day tickets for 8 nights. Plenty of time to enjoy the resort. I plan to buy Disney gift cards from bjs.com and pay with my discover card (5% back) to help get a even better out of pocket cost. All in all it's Disney wherever we stay it's Disney!

Looking forward to our stay at AKL then going on our first Disney cruise!
If this is a honeymoon trip, then most definitely go for the stay at AKL! We've done the values and the deluxes and would happily stay at either if it meant a trip to Disney. AKL has a completely different feel than any of the other resorts, so enjoy your adult time (esp at the poo;!) and when you are ready for a little more fun and excitement, you'll love staying at a value resort again. Have a wonderful trip!

We did the exact same thing. Had reservations at All-Star Movies and then found a great deal from a travel agent, switched to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Difference was just about what yours was.

For your honeymoon, you made the right choice. It's a once in a lifetime experience. I hope you enjoy your stay at AKL and have an amazing honeymoon!

I know what you are thinking... how is AKL and the all-stars even comparable. Well here is my question. I am currently booked at All-Star Movies for 8 nights at $1,794 inducing 6 day tickets. I found a TA deal for deluxe resorts that is out of my price rang but is a awesome deal. We can stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge for $700 more including same days, tickets, etc. Is AKL worth it? I know comparing on the Disney website AKL is $1,990 more than All-Star Movies so people pay more to get more but we may be able to come up and save $700 before the final payment date. Worth it!? Also, I would have to cancel and re book so that is apart of my decision process too. This TA deal may just be to good to pass up!!! Help!

The question is what are you looking for?? We are NOT ones who care about a hotel. We ALWAYS stay at Value resorts. We personally don't go to Disney World for hotels. All we need is the four S's (sleep, s#!t, shower, and shave). To me, that's $700 toward my next trip to Disney. Now before I get ripped apart, we go to Disney for the experiences at the parks. Not food, not pools, not hotel rooms, parks. If hotel rooms, food, pools are a part of your experience, there's your answer. We would stay off property, but appreciate the EMH. We used to use the transportation but $100 for a rental is a no brainer for us.

All that to say, you have to decide what that $700 does for you? It's all personal preference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter