Animal Kingdom Lodge - Must See's

1SickPupe

Support Our Troops
We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time the first week of September. We will have some spare time to hang out at the resort and I would like to do a self guided tour.
Are there any must see's or hidden gems that we should look for? Thanks.

In the lobby of Jambo house there's an amazing mask with an explanation of it's use.

I would not rely solely on a self guided tour. Go to the talks given by African Cast Members both in Jambo and at Kidani and ask questions.

Bobbi:)

It's also fun to take time to actually talk to the guides out at the Savanna overlook. They are very knowledgeable about the animals, but they also love to talk about their home countries and that can lead to some fascinating conversation when they aren't too busy. And I concur that the night viewing is a must do.

Does this happen at both Jambo and Kidani? Every night? Is it a scheduled program or can you do it at any time? Thanks!

Since I haven't stayed at Kidani in years I googled it for you and yes, it appears Kidani has night goggles also. I don't recall the exact time, but it seems like it's a 2 hour window at night - no reservation. I know at Jambo they only have 2-3 sets of them and you may have to wait for others to get finished.

Since I haven't stayed at Kidani in years I googled it for you and yes, it appears Kidani has night goggles also. I don't recall the exact time, but it seems like it's a 2 hour window at night - no reservation. I know at Jambo they only have 2-3 sets of them and you may have to wait for others to get finished.

Thanks for that. One more: How about the firepit/storytelling activities. We'll be there over Christmas week. Any insight as to what time that takes place that time of year? Thanks!

Thanks for that. One more: How about the firepit/storytelling activities. We'll be there over Christmas week. Any insight as to what time that takes place that time of year? Thanks!

I don't remember the times but we were there this past valentine's day and had such a memorable time roasting marshmallows with the kids and looking out at the animals and just hanging out at the resort. I believe they gave us a guide with the times of the various activities upon checking in.

DD and I went on the tour at Kidani. It was very informative and we enjoyed it a lot. You will find out a lot more information talking with the guides. I wouldn't take small children though. They seem to lose interest easily. There were a couple under the age of 8 on our tour and they needed constant distraction from a parent or grandparent.

Thanks for all the activity tips! We are hoping to go in February and just spend our two days hanging out at the resort. Adults only...any other suggestions for what to see or do? Is there an adult/quiet pool?

there's no quiet pool, as both are feature pools.
there is a nice lounge at sanaa restaurant in kidani that is open late if you like to have a nightcap.

We did a scavenger hunt at Jambo house a couple years ago with our kids. It was so much fun and we even got quite a bit of help from one of the cast members at the resort. It was so great talking to him and learning about where he was from.

Boma and Jiko have a culinary tour where they explain the food, decor etc.. and give you some dishes to try. I think it starts around 4. Ask at the front desk.

I just read mention of Cake decorating at Sanaa every afternoon. Does anyone know about this activity?

There are many daily activities, especially for children at both sides of the resort. You will get a schedule at check-in. Also there are nightly movies shown at the pools, which is very cool. These activities vary from arts and crafts, to animal facts, to pool party games, to cultural informational question and answer sessions. Some are clearly more geared to young children, but many also are very interesting for adults. As pp have said, one on one conversations with CM's around the resort are really the best way to get information. Also, there is a lot of art work throughout the resorts. Be sure to wander down hall ways and check some out. For adults, we like to take a mid afternoon break from the heat at Sanaa, for a few quiet cocktails and bread service!

It's also fun to take time to actually talk to the guides out at the Savanna overlook. They are very knowledgeable about the animals, but they also love to talk about their home countries and that can lead to some fascinating conversation when they aren't too busy. And I concur that the night viewing is a must do.
I couldn't agree more. We so enjoyed talking to the guides. Learning about where they were from and how life differs from here. All the cast members are so friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter