Animal kingdom lodge club level vs contemporary garden wing

luvmykids

Mouseketeer
We are going to disney for a long weekend over Halloween. It will be myself, dh, and ds who will be 15 at the time. We do spend most of our time at the kingdom and Epcot so I originally booked the CR garden wing room for convenience. Now for $200 (whole stay not per night) more we can stay club level at the AK Lodge. We have stayed at the lodge many times and will have a car. We never stayed at CR. Is club level at the lodge worth giving up convenience. I am so torn. Although we have stayed at lodge before this would be first for club level.

Thanks in advance!

Is club level at the lodge worth giving up convenience. I am so torn.
It's a very personal choice. We would not switch for a long weekend trip, especially if you're focused on MK. And if you're attending the halloween party, definitely CR. If you were going for a longer period and going to all parks equally, then I'd probably pick the AKL CL.

Plus, you much would you utilize the club lounge? $200 will get you all one breakfast at Chef Mickey plus left over.

Tough call. I do love AKL CL, but if it's a short trip I'm not sure you'd really benefit from what the resort has to offer. Would you have time to enjoy the animals and take advantage of the lounge? It doesn't sound like you will. So for just the convenience of the location I would stick with the CR.

Club level at AKL will spoil you! By far the best service and food of any of the CL's I have stayed at (5)

That's a really tough call. We've done both AKL CL and Garden Wing CR. I'd have to say, for location and size of room, CR garden wing gets my vote. We are also a family of 3 and I found the rooms at AKL to be very small and the food offerings weren't so great that I would give up my walk to MK!

You say long weekend, so I'm guessing 3 or 4 nights? That comes to about a $50 - $65 savings, per night, if you stick with CR, which would cover the cost of the snacks, continental breakfast, etc. you'd now buy if you stay CR. When you break it down, it really doesn't sound like you are getting much value in switching to AKL CL. I'd stick with CR.

Thank you for your replies! As much as I would love to try club level I think for the quick 3 night stay we will be better off at CR. we will be attending the Halloween party at MK Sat night (Halloween) so for convenience it can't be beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter