Animal Kingdom Late EMH to end

i saw that too. very dissapointed, we have never seen AK by night, and it was on my 'to do' list for our may 2011 trip. fingers crossed that they will tweak the emh schedule nearer the time

there is also no parade listed for AK in May, but i presume this is a typo or will be added at a later date.

Although I'm disappointed, I'm not surprised. I used to love the first hour of EMH because I'd watch some of the animals that got brought in at night (the gorillas, the macaws for example). Then the biggest thing I enjoyed was just walking around seeing AK at night. It was probably the lightest attended EMH, except around EE. I'll miss it.

Considering how early this park closes, even with EMH, this does not come as a suprise to me. I really wish Disney would add more to this park. It is in desperate need of more attractions.

With the May WDW hours released today, effictive 2/24 it is obvious AK will no longer offer Late Extra Magic Hours ...

It is not clear to me that AK will no longer offer Late (PM) EMH... EVER.

If they have not listed them in the upcoming months, that's not to say that they will never offer them again.

They may or may not offer them in the future, but I wouldn't infer too much just based on some early calendar listings.

They may decide to add PM EMH again in the future, as economic conditions change (same goes that they
might decide to perform Fantasmic! at DHS every evening, if the economy picks up.)

As always, it's impossible to guess exactly what will or won't happen in the future at WDW.
Surprises are the norm.

Stay tuned.

That is too bad... AK is the one park I never feel like we have enough time in...we were going to plan our 2011 trip around AK EMH...
Pretty bummed about this :(

Well, i dunno about the future but this lets me know i HAVE to make sure we do it in Dec. *marking the schedule now*

I guess I better make sure I get to AK in the evening this trip just in case this is true. I'm not sure I'll ever get to WDW again but I wouldn't want to count on something that might not be there in the future.

Sorry, but "the source" (Disney Calendar) is far from being a good place to prove anything on the schedule (especially this far out.)

It may certainly BE accurate in this case (likely it is...) but that calendar is very often (infamously so) INaccurate.

Then no calendar is accurate this far out. Sorry I feel like going directly to the Disney calendar than one of these random non official calendars from people who get their info from Disney and pass it on (i just cut out the middle man).

I highly doubt AK EMH evenings are gonna end.

People just see something and they go all out about it. Give it some time.

Then no calendar is accurate this far out. Sorry I feel like going directly to the Disney calendar than one of these random non official calendars from people who get their info from Disney and pass it on (i just cut out the middle man).

Sorry, that's what you'd EXPECT, but there are many of us who
have been here long enough know which calendars to TRUST and which ones are DOGS.

The so-called "Official" WDW Calendar just about BARKS it's so doggy. ;)

It is NOT the calendar from which "people" (other sites) get their info.
There are "internal" calendars, published by Disney, that are accessed by
many others who need the true advance info.

Sorry to say the the CM's who re-post that direct internal info on the so-called "Official" WDW Calendar don't do a good job in posting quickly to begin-with, and are slow at making updates when the internal info CHANGES (which happens very frequently.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter