Animal Kingdom Kidani or Jambo

mrsmickeywaffles

Earning My Ears
Hi It is our first time staying at Animal Kingdom what is the difference between Kidani and Jambo. Is one nicer than another or are they both the same just different names?

Thanks!

Hi
I think Kidani is the DVC resort and jambo house has some dvc( club level) and hotel rooms.
You can you facilities at both during your stay

Hi It is our first time staying at Animal Kingdom what is the difference between Kidani and Jambo. Is one nicer than another or are they both the same just different names?

Thanks!

I prefer Jambo because I like the big lobby, and the food choices. I also prefer the Jambo pool with its quickserve. You are never far from anything. If you get unlucky at Kidani, it can be a LONG walk. Also, Kidani standard view has a risk of parking lot. Standard view at Jambo are either pool or partial savanna.

Kidani is DVC, more intimate and has larger rooms. It also has the better Savanna (Sunset Savanna). Jambo was a hotel (hence the grander lobby and amenities) and some of the rooms were converted to DVC. Kidani has Sanaa for a restaurant. Jambo has Jiko & Boma TS and Mara QS.

Thanks!
We have only stayed at Kidani. The pool is lovely!!! I enjoy the Savanah views as well. I think the best thin is that the busses come to Kidani first, so you're more likely to get a seat. We usually walk over to Jambo for breakfast if not eating in a park. The walk is not bad at all, maybe 10 minutes.

As mentioned, Kidani is all DVC and Jambo House has the hotel rooms with DVC on the higher floors. So depends on what you're booking. We just got back from a stay in a standard DVC studio in Jambo House. Overall, we really liked it but our only gripe was that we were at the end of a VERY long hallway. Not sure if Kidani would be the same in that regard. We liked having quick access to the pool, Boma, and the Mara. It's my understanding there is no true QS at Kidani which would have been inconvenient for us. The one advantage Kidani has over Jambo is that the park buses stop there first both for pick up and drop off. So, you usually can get a seat on the bus at Kidani. Kidani also has the monitors that show the approximate time until the next bus arrives, which is nice too.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. If you frequently use quick-service meals at your hotel, then Kidani would be inconvenient, because it is a 10+ minute walk to Jambo for that. Otherwise, both have great rooms, pools, and savanahs.

I noticed that with the new discount that a studio villa is cheaper than a regular room at AKL?

I don't think you can go wrong with either. If you frequently use quick-service meals at your hotel, then Kidani would be inconvenient, because it is a 10+ minute walk to Jambo for that. Otherwise, both have great rooms, pools, and savanahs.

There is a shuttle you can get at the lobby entrance of Kidani that takes you to Jambo to use the pool, restaurants, etc..

I noticed that with the new discount that a studio villa is cheaper than a regular room at AKL?
But you only get one real queen bed in the studio (and a double sleeper sofa). The hotel room has two real queen beds.

But you only get one real queen bed in the studio (and a double sleeper sofa). The hotel room has two real queen beds.

That would be fine. My next trip I am going solo. It will be my pre birthday trip. Maybe I should spoil myself.

That would be fine. My next trip I am going solo. It will be my pre birthday trip. Maybe I should spoil myself.
If spoiling yourself on a solo trip is the goal --- I'd go with a Kidani studio - Sunset savanna view. Unless you really want no chance of noise from the floor above you - I'd suggest second floor if possible because the animal viewing on the savanna is better. Eating breakfast on your balcony staring out at the savanna -- heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter