Animal Kingdom is our new favorite park

katmatry

Mouseketeer
We use to skip Animal Kingdom or go into the park for a couple of hours. On our next trip we have 3 days planned at Animal Kingdom. Everest and Dinosaur are big draws for the kids while the atmosphere in Africa and Asia are a big draw for my husband and myself. In December we walked through Maharajah Jungle Trek for the first time and we all loved it. I know a lot of people skip Animal Kingdom thinking there is not enough to see or do. I used to think that too but not anymore. This is a park we will never skip again.

We LOVE AK! During our January 9 day trip we visited Animal Kingdom 7 times (we park hop) - it is impossible for us to go on "too many" safaris! Also love the trails and FotLK and FoW!!! Dinoland we usually avoid but like Asia we enjoy

I love animal kingdom when the weather is right. If hot, I just bake and not happy. there's just not enough places to hide with A/C to cool back down for me.. When it's the right time of year or weather it's an amazing place.

Last edited:
I love AK. I always spend two days there. I love the safari and Dinosaur. The trails are nice as well. I even love Dinoland. It reminds me of the county fair I went to when I was a kid.

This is our favorite park as well. Dinosaur and Everest are 2 of our favorite rides and we LOVE the atmosphere throughout the entire park. I'm ecstatic that it'll be a night time park next trip.

I love AK. I always spend two days there. I love the safari and Dinosaur. The trails are nice as well. I even love Dinoland. It reminds me of the county fair I went to when I was a kid.

It's worth noting that "Dinoland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Dino-Rama!"
Dino-Rama! is just one area of the section of AK defined as "Dinoland."

I believe that you mean the Dino-Rama! area reminds you of the county fair.

We use to skip Animal Kingdom or go into the park for a couple of hours. On our next trip we have 3 days planned at Animal Kingdom. Everest and Dinosaur are big draws for the kids while the atmosphere in Africa and Asia are a big draw for my husband and myself. In December we walked through Maharajah Jungle Trek for the first time and we all loved it. I know a lot of people skip Animal Kingdom thinking there is not enough to see or do. I used to think that too but not anymore. This is a park we will never skip again.

Watch Flights of Wonder. That will make you go back every trip.

You're right, Robo. I was talking about Dino-Rama. Thanks for setting me straight. :)

A lot of people make assumptions about Animal Kingdom that just are not true. Love the park. My only complaint has been that it is rarely open past dark, which is our favorite time to tour. Can't wait for that to change with Rivers of Light.

Our favorite too! Last time we were there we got video of me interacting with Divine. She's amazing. We had an upstairs corner window seat at Yakkin' Yeti and parrots were flying right by the window. A trainer was working with about 8 of them.

AK has ALWAYS been my favorite. In fact the year it opened I cashed in some SW points just so I could ride Kilimanjaro Safari. And it didn't disappoint. We didn't go to any other WDW park on that trip - no regrets there, either!

It is already a family favorite and I expect it will only get better with Rivers of Light, Night time safari, Avatar themed rides etc.

AK was my favorite, also! Can't wait to go back and do the things we didn't get to do last time - I'm looking at you Flights of Wonder, Trails, and Finding Nemo the Musical!!

Three years ago, I took a solo trip and one of my goals was to spend time wandering around Animal Kingdom to try to find something to like about it. It was always a park that seemed disjointed and hot/humid and just blah to me.

So, I went and did the safari, Nemo, FOLK and Everest. I ate some recommended foods. Watched some performances. Stared at DeVine for a really long time. :) And I left feeling like it wasn't as horrible as I thought it was. It's still not my favorite - that will always be MK and I'm not excited (at all) that they're putting Avatar in there -- but I do appreciate it more than I did. The theming is truly amazing.

My children love it there and could do Everest, Dinosaur and Kali until security kicked them out. When they were tiny, they would spend an hour playing at the Boneyard. It's my youngest DS's favorite park because he loves zoos and thrill rides and, in his eyes, it's both!

I think Rivers of Light will be amazing and I'm looking forward to that. I think people will gravitate there more and more as DHS goes into "construction mode" these next few years and AK may finally find a bigger fan base.

We have always had a love hate relationship with AK. The park isn't bad, really. Not necessarily an all day kind of park for us (though I am sure with the addition of Pandora, and Rivers of Light it will be) but plenty enough to keep us busy until 5:00 or so. The problem is, every time we go to AK it seems it is hot as hell, usually winds up being the hottest day of our trip, AND it rains, not just for 15 or 20 minutes, but for hours, literally every time we go there.

And hiding from the pouring rain in AK is nearly impossible.

That being said, we absolutely loved the parade in AK (hope it comes back once Avatar is finished), the Safari is amazing. Love the walking trails, Kali River Rapids (though it is too short) Expedition Everest, Flights of Wonder, and Festival of the Lion King is, in my opinion, the best show in all of Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter