Animal Kingdom is hotter?

I think Animal Kingdom is alot hotter than the other parks. It would help if they had more places to get in the ac and out of the heat for a few minutes. If we go in the warmer months we avoid Animal Kingdom.

Animal Kingdom can be a little hotter, but it has nothing to do with asphalt/blacktop of which AK only has a small strip of in DinoLand (to make a pseudo road). Every other path is poured concrete. Next time you go, take a look at the path below you... you will actually notice it change as you head from one area to another.

Any noticeable increase in heat comes from the vegetation that naturally holds in humidity. It is why rainforests can be extremely uncomfortable. It also doesnt have quite as much A/C as the others because the buildings are meant to be non-intrusive and secondary to the natural surroundings.

We were at WDW Aug 19-25, and by all accounts AK was the coolest park for us. Granted, we missed the hottest part of the day since we were out by 2 PM, but we also thought it was shadier than the other parks.

For us, a non-stop walk from Club Cool in Epcot to Beaches & Cream was our hottest experience. We just missed the boat at the International Gateway, so we hoofed it the rest of the way. By the time we were halfway to the Beach Club, it felt like the seventh circle of heck!

Simple- Animal Kingdom actually means "Fiery Pits of Hell with Animals":rotfl:

I swear you could melt or explode in this park! I think it is because of the foilage. It is even sweltering in the shade.

It IS hotter than any park. I have only been to the World in July and Aug. and AK is by far the hottest park. I have stood in front of the Castle to watch the show at 2pm holding an 3 year old and that is brutal, but AK was hotter. It is because there is more humidty. I am from Philly and I know humid.:goodvibes

I went on backstage tour at AK once, (petted a rhino which was kool) and the CM told us the park is hotter because it's built in a bowl. If there's any breeze, it's above your head. Ever notice all the fans they have strategically placed while you're waiting in line?

Yes it may be hotter because of all the shade and the asphalt and some of the lines are outside.
Where else can you see a giraffe so close that you could touch it. I guess if you love animals being hot is only a state of mind.:sulley:
pirate:

OMG it is not only my family that thinks that animal kingdom it hotter than any other park? Every time we go there I feel so sweaty and dirty when I leave.

I thought that AK felt hotter because most of the attractions are outside, so without the frequent AC breaks, you feel hotter.
I don't understand what people are saying about the plants. Wouldn't shade make it cooler, not hotter?

I went on backstage tour at AK once, (petted a rhino which was kool) and the CM told us the park is hotter because it's built in a bowl. If there's any breeze, it's above your head. Ever notice all the fans they have strategically placed while you're waiting in line?

That makes a lot of sense (though why they would do that is completely beyond me).

I hadn't thought of the air conditioning thing. Is the Lion King show air conditioned? I can't remember. Its always pretty chilly when we're there in Feb.

We went in June and had to leave the park because of the heat. While we were on the bus I made the bet that it would feel about 10 degrees cooler back at the resort, and when we got off the bus it felt at least 10 degrees cooler.

If you walk through any of the other parks, you can feel the a/c coming out of stores you are near. Plus you can escape into the a/c to cool off.

My dad also made the point that they water everything in the morning (at least everything is wet when we get there). The heat and the water just create a steamy environment.

While I realize you are supposed to feel like you are in Africa or India, I just feel like I'm going to pass out when I'm there.:sick:

:surfweb: We visited the world and AK in July/Aug 05 and July 06. It was hot and humid the whole time we were there, although the weather was nicer in July 06:rotfl:

As a person who knows nothing about the science of weather:wizard: , I would agree with those poster here who blame the trees and the layout of the park. The other parks are more wide open, and althought the sun hits you, some of the walk ways are shaded, many of them pass shops, resturants etc with ac comming out of the door ways, and most arent black top, but are cement which reflects at least some of the solar energy that hits them. The blacktop walk ways at AK just spend the entire summer absorbing solar radiation, im surprised that that dont melt down there!

I think even more importantly is the physical layout of AK, the walkways feel low, they are mostly covered in foiliage, which holds in the humidity and blocks any wind flow that could cool you. :confused3

Its a really cool park though and a must visit when you are at the world. :love: we love it:love:

It sure feel that way to me. I like Epcot the best for temp because it feels so much cooler with all the water and everything is so spread out

Where else can you see a giraffe so close that you could touch it.

Binder Park Zoo; Battle Creek Michigan! :)

x029.jpg

We just got back Sunday night and I can honestly say AK was the only park that felt so hot it was making me sick! I rode EE before lunch and for the first time in many, many, years almost had to make a run for the bathroom. (Sorry -- TMI!)

Also, the food lines were really long (probably because of Tusker House being closed) and the wait in the sun was almost unbearable.

I agree about the foliage being the problem as it seems to hold all the heat in. We felt almost no breeze at all while we were in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter