Animal Kingdom Fans ONLY!

I am so sick of pulling up threads only to find out people are just posting on how much they hate Animal Kingdom, how they skip it a lot, how it's so lame, how it's so hot, how it's so crowded, etc...

Please Animal Kingdom fans, I know you're out there... let me know. Tell me why you like it and how YOU tour AK (I am also searching for new touring ideas).

Please no Animal Kingdom bashing on this thread :) :goodvibes

I'll start:

I love it because it's just so beautiful. I don't feel like it's as crowded as many people do. Maybe it seems like it in the common thoroughfares but if you go out to any of the many trails, it's very peaceful and quite imo. It's my park to relax and just enjoy.

For me I always like to start at KS. Then we go around counter clockwise so we don't end up on KRR at 9:30 in the morning... and ITTBAB isn't too crowded so early, as is Dinosaur.

I :lovestruc Animal Kingdom!

I love Animal Kingdom, too.

I don't think it is an easy park to tour around, because of the size and layout, and maybe that is why so many people get frustrated with it.

Disney did such a good job with all of the different lands having such an authentic feel, and I love the combination of fun rides with the slower pace of the Conservation Station, Pangani Trail, and Jungle Trek. We also seem to get really lucky on KS, with animals very active, and within feet of our truck - the kids are in awe every time (so am I for that matter!) Then you throw in Everest and Dinosaur for a good scare, and it's a great day!

We haven't perfected a touring plan though. There is always something we leave out that we really wanted to see.

I seem to always start my trip off at the AK. It is my favorite park after MK.

I think I like it because it's so green-with trees and bushes. It does seem warmer at AK. I like wandering along the trails looking at the animals. You don't have to rush at this park as there are only a handful of rides (compared to the other parks) and they are spread out.

My neighbour would like to start the trip again this year at AK!

I love AK! It's actually my fave. I think one reason so many people (especially here on the dis) bash it is because it is harder to plan a visit here. Type A visitors who like to have everything planned are the most easily frustrated with it. They don't want a winding trail that may not end up exactly at their destination at exactly 10:30 am.

I'm not bashing anyone....I have several of these people in my own family...so I speak from experience. I found they were easily upset at AK. You tend to enjoy the park much more if you are perfectly happy to let a meandering path take you where it will and so what if you spend 15 minutes just looking at a hippo's hind end.

I think that I'm kind of a combination-type person. I love planning my trips, choosing the resort, planning ADRs, and I always do at least a minimal plan for the other 3 parks....but not AK. I enjoy my visits there because I always just let the day take me where it will. That is just a very hard thing for many people to do.

I don't think AK is crowded overall, but that area where the Oasis meets Discovery Island can be a real nightmare for most of the day. Even if it is a crowded day, there are lots more quiet spots and places to escape to than at the other parks.

I love AK...its my favorite park...we alwys start our trips off with dinner at Animal Kingdoms Yak and Yeti...I feel the most comfortable touring this park bc of its size and layout...I love the safari...frankly I think this park has better shows than any of the other parks..well jot us down as AK lovers

LOVE LOVE LOVE :love: the Animal Kingdom. Best park in Disney. I drive my boyfriend crazy when we go there, I have to go on the Kilimanjaro Safari at least three to four times or more when in the park for the day. We get a fastpass and because I can't wait we queue up for it, go on it and then use the fastpass to go on it again straight away. Sad I know but just love seeing the animals. This year we are planning to do the behind the scene safari tour, get to see how the animals are looked after etc. Can't wait :goodvibes

definately a favorite. So much to see and discover. Everest has helped AK in many people's book, but it has been at the top of our list for many years.

another key to AK is the manner that you tour AK. It is a more laid back park that needs to be discovered. We take our time, watch animals for up to 30 minutes, walk down paths and find a neat place to sit, and just enjoy the surrounding. After a busy day, this is the perfect place to chill out and slow down for a day. Our only rush is to get to Everest to start the day, then it is slow mo for the rest of the day. Even the parade has that laid back feeling.

AK is my favorite for wandering around and strolling through the hidden trails. It did take a few visits for me to get to this point. My first visit was in the heat of August and it was pretty unbearable.

But having gone in May and October a few times, it's an absolute joy to be in AK with lower temps and smaller crowds. Some of my best photos are from AK because of the lush foliage.

My family loves the Animal Kingdom. I personally love the incredible landscaping job Disney did to create a jungle habitat. I love it because it is the most relaxing of all of the parks. It is nice to spend a day or 2 strolling along trails observing the wildlife and vegetation. We all love the vet station at Rafiki's planet watch and the petting zoo. My kids enjoy the educational aspects of the stations set up throughout the park and the Boneyard. My husband loves the ribs at the Flame tree BBQ. Let's not forget Everest! There are plenty of reasons to enjoy the AK!

My only complaint: I wish that Dinoland had a few more educational aspects to it. I would love more about the dinosaurs!

I have never understood the dislike of Animal Kingdom. I feel that what makes Disney so much better than any other theme park is the way it can transform you to a completely different place - and Animal Kingdom does that better than any other park. Take a minute to look at the landscaping, the buildings, the way the paths look authentic, talk to some cast members from Africa. I suppose I am biased because I have always dreamed of going to Africa, but I'm beginning to think that I may like the "disney" version better. We always hit the big rides first and then enjoy the rest of the day on shows, trails or hitting a favorite again. Give it a good chance- it is Disney at its best!

well i have a 4 and 2 year old so I have to admit MK is the #1 park,
But AK is a close second.
My kids LOVE the safari, Dinoland USA and tons of character meet and greets.
The safari is the favorite, just the fact that they get to ride that cool truck and see animals makes it so much more fun that any zoo.
And Dinoland USA, the triceratop spin is just about as popular as Dumbo at MK. Then the chance to play at the Boneyard!
(oh and watch daddy lose at the carnival games.)
Throw in some meet and greet times at Camp Minnie/Mickey, and around the tree of life....wow, that's full day.
And we haven't even seen any of the shows yet!

Animal Kingdom ROCKS!!!

While we are not in love with AK, my family enjoys it very much. We never miss Festival of the Lion King when we visit and I do miss the Pocohantas show. As for touing, this time we're planning on doing things a little differently: I am going to run and get 4 fastpasses for EE (two for me, one each for DS and DD) and then meet up with my family at KS. Depending upon when the fastpasses are for, we want to do the jungle trek (love the bats!), obviously Lion King, DH wants to do Dinosaur (and I enjoy meeting with Pooh Bear and friends down by the river), and we want to fit in It's Tough to be a Bug.

All that said, our first time there, we spent so much time in the Oasis. It's so peaceful and the animals are simply mesmerizing! Plus, when we were there in April 2006, many birds were sitting on eggs....too cool!

As for why some people dislike it (we don't use the H-word in my house), I think it's because they don't have a plan and the layout can lead to problems. Additionally, I do swear Disney pumps heat into that park! :) I always find AK to be so much hotter than any other park, but I figure that's park of its atmosphere.

Trek on!!!!

I think one reason so many people (especially here on the dis) bash it is because it is harder to plan a visit here. Type A visitors who like to have everything planned are the most easily frustrated with it. They don't want a winding trail that may not end up exactly at their destination at exactly 10:30 am.

I think this is a really good point. We love AK, and go at least twice every trip, but it took us a while to learn how to "do" AK because indeed it's a very different experience compared to the other parks. I think it can only be truly enjoyed and appreciated if you're willing to take it slowly and discover what, on any given day, it has to offer you. It is so stunningly beautiful, but in a way that requires you to really look. I always get a chuckle at the harried families rushing right past Devine, for example, so that they can get to their next attraction to check off their list....

Add us to the list of AK lovers. Especially at night (evening EMH in Nov. so it gets dark earlier). Seeing EE lit up, the foggy sidewalks, there is something very peaceful about AK at night IMO.:goodvibes

Add me and DH the list of AK fans! I think it is a truly beautiful and unique park. It has simething to offer everyone in the family. To be honest, I don't think I've seen or done it all here and I am looking forward to exploring it more in the future.

As for how we tour, the only two things we must do are Everest and the safari. We usually go through Everest stand by and grab FP on the way out for a second ride. We then head to the safari. We usually see Devine on the way there. We go through stand by here as the line moves quickly. After the safari, we might do the trails or get to Nemo or The Lion King.

I love AK! I'll never forget my first visit there. I was in awe of its beauty and theming. IMO it is imagineering at its best.

I think Dinosaur and EE are great, really fun rides and all the animal trails and the safarai are amazing. I also LOVE the Lion King show and I can't wait to see the new Nemo show.

AK is my father's father park and I think it may be mine too - although Epcot, MK and AK are all really close in my book.

One of my favorite WDW memories was at AK watching and talking with an animal caretaker while he fed the birds. Such a nice, friendly cast member, this is what makes WDW special.

Ak is the one park where I can get lost in about 10 seconds, if I separate from the family. DH knows he cannot say, let's meet up at such and such place, nope not going to happen. We have to stay together. I have a good understanding of all of the other parks and DTD, but not AK. More signs? Probably just me.

My favorite thing about Ak is the photo ops-Two years ago we were there on a drizzly day and we got the BEST safari pictures. After that I always look forward to the challange

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter