• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom EMH

snewsom2

Earning My Ears
What is there to do during the evening AK extra magic hours? Going in January w/ 1 and 4yr old. Wondering if it will be too dark to see animals. Are evening EMH more crowded?

What is there to do during the evening AK extra magic hours? Going in January w/ 1 and 4yr old. Wondering if it will be too dark to see animals. Are evening EMH more crowded?

There are no animal attractions open for PM EMH at DAK.

They all close at (or just before) dusk.

DAK is a beautiful park at night.

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM - EVENING EMH Operating Attractions
Expedition Everest
It's Tough To Be A Bug
Discovery Island Trails
Pangani Forest Exploration TrailThe Boneyard
DINOSAUR
Festival of the Lion King (Likely only one performance)
Finding Nemo the Musical (VERY OCCASIONALLY one PM EMH performance)
Primeval Whirl
Triceratop Spin
Kali River Rapids (seasonal)

r the characters out in the evening? Any special characters, what about Camp Mickey and Minnie?

Look into the night vision goggle rentals I have heard about. I have seen several posts on the boards about night vision goggle that can be rented to view the wildlife during the evening. :cool1::banana:

The night vision goggles are for Animal Kingdom *Lodge* (the hotel), not Animal Kingdom (the park).

I am posting the Evening Extra Magic Hours Times Guide from my last trip for you.Attractions,Restaurants taking part in EEMH can vary occasionally as well as their hours of operation.In this example,Kilimanjaro Safaris was only open until 7:15 and,most of the time,EEMH begins too late for Kilimanjaro Safaris to stay open at all for EEMH(it has to close before dusk).Animal Kingdom is gorgeous at night.There are usually still a few animals around in the Tree of Life and Oasis areas.The crowds can vary greatly from one EEMH to another.Your children would probably enjoy The Boneyard(Disney quality "playground") which is open during EEMH.Have a GREAT January trip.

007-1.jpg

r the characters out in the evening? Any special characters, what about Camp Mickey and Minnie?
Camp Minnie Mickey Character Trails are not open during EEMH.Characters "usually" appear at Island Mercantile and Disney Outfitters during EEMH.:)

Camp Minnie Mickey Character Trails are not open during EEMH.Characters "usually" appear at Island Mercantile and Disney Outfitters during EEMH.:)

do you have any idea what characters are out then? We want to see the Mickey/Minnie/Goofy in holiday attire, and Thumper /Miss Bunny. But we planned on getting to the park around the parade time, then ride EE and then the characters but doens't sound like that will happen, as our day closes at 5(EMH til 8)

do you have any idea what characters are out then? We want to see the Mickey/Minnie/Goofy in holiday attire, and Thumper /Miss Bunny. But we planned on getting to the park around the parade time, then ride EE and then the characters but doens't sound like that will happen, as our day closes at 5(EMH til 8)
Sorry,I really don't.:)I "seem" to remember it usually being Safari Mickey and Minnie and Lilo and Stitch,but I am not at all sure.Hopefully someone with better info will come along.:)

I don't know when you are going in January, OP, but I don't remember seeing holiday attire on any of our January trips (earliest we have been is the 10th).

The last time we went to AK for a January EMH was in 2008 and we found the park to be very crowded through the first 90 minutes of the EMH and then it got a little better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter