• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom EMH

csmom

DIS Veteran
On our September trip, I plan to go to Animal Kingdom on our arrival day. We won't get there until around 2 pm, but AK has evening EMH that day. Has anyone done the evening EMH at AK? Was it crowded? How do fast passes work during evening EMH? Do they distribute them for the extra magic hours, and if so, when do they start that distribution?

We have done Evening EMH at Animal Kingdom in the past. We really enjoyed the atmosphere of nighttime at AK.
I do not recall, but I don't think that Fast Passes are available, but when we were there, they were not necessary. The crowd was not really all that noticible. All of the rides were walk-on. The one thing that I do remember is that we walked FOREVER that night. Animal Kingdom is so spread out that you have to do a whole lot of walking in a very little amount of time to fit in everything that EMH has to offer.

We went to evening EMH in June and rode Everest twice in 30 minutes with no FP, so it wasn't that crowded.

My DW and I did EMH at AK in April. I don't remember it being crowded. We saw the Nemo show (it was excellent) & Its Tough to be a Bug.

thanks for your replies. Sounds like AK is a good park for evening EMH.

I really recommend doing evening EMH's at AK! We love it and do it every trip. Of course, there's some rides that aren't open such as KS, but it's great for other attractions such as EE (which is scarier at night) and FOTLK (which typically has less of a crowd compared to during the day). Also, the park itself is beautiful at night all lit up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter