• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom Construction Walls Updates?

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
I have been reading threads here for at least a month on all the construction walls at AK in recent months. I still do not have a good picture of what is happening.

I know about AvatarLand but it seems that would not have construction walls that impact AK yet. Is the Harambe Village complete or are some walls associated with that? I also have been reading about prep for the Rivers of Light show so am guessing some walls are associated with that.

I see Flame Tree BBQ is reopening in late April (great news for my mid-May trip). So that should mean some walls will be coming down in late April?

So are some or any of the walls coming down soon? If so, which walls, and when? What can I expect in May?

Thanks!

I would love to know this as well, I'm kind of scared of what I'm going to see when I walk into my favorite Disney park on April 20th!

Walls. Lots and lots of walls. There aren't any in front of the Tree of Life now, which looks really great with the new "roots." After Flame Tree is reopened, those should come down, and the Harambe Marketplace construction was originally scheduled to finish sometime this spring, so hopefully that will be gone sooner rather than later.

But, all the rest of them will most likely be up. Almost all of Asia is walled up, and the walls continue along the water past the Nemo theater to Dinoland. Plus, you have the walls for building the Starbucks, and other walls scattered around. Here's a couple of posts from easyWDW that have lots of pictures. The first post is from January, and the second is from February. Other than the walls coming down in front of the Tree of Life in the January post, I don't think much else has changed since the posts were made, but hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...lognese-reviewed-new-items-at-yak-yeti-21315/

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...tree-food-movement-new-walls-new-menus-12015/

There are alot of walls. We were there on March 2nd. I felt like they closed you in. I love the look in front of the tree. They did a great job there. I know that it's all in the name of progress and will be excited to see it all done. It is however the most construction I have ever had to deal with in any of the parks.

There are alot of walls. We were there on March 2nd. I felt like they closed you in. I love the look in front of the tree. They did a great job there. I know that it's all in the name of progress and will be excited to see it all done. It is however the most construction I have ever had to deal with in any of the parks.

We were there on that day, too, and I completely agree. Especially from EE to the Nemo theater and from the bridge from Dinoland to the Tree, the walls are like cattle chutes. I'm not claustrophobic, but those stretches were unpleasant. The walls in some areas appear to have narrowed the streets as well, making it feel very crowded in some areas. The actual attractions aren't affected, but getting from one to another isn't very magical at the moment, IMO

It was bad enough in November; I think the current construction might be enough to send me out of the park.

I'm curious... with this much construction, for a first (and only) timer... would you go to Busch instead? I mean, much of why wen wanted to go to AK was for the animals for DS, and then just for the scenery.

And I'm sure this has been discussed before but.... WTH is Avatar doing being built in Animal Kingdom?!!!

I'm curious... with this much construction, for a first (and only) timer... would you go to Busch instead? I mean, much of why wen wanted to go to AK was for the animals for DS, and then just for the scenery.

Neither the Safari nor the animal trails are currently impacted by walls, so that would not be a factor.

And I'm sure this has been discussed before but.... WTH is Avatar doing being built in Animal Kingdom?!!!

Yes, it's been discussed ad nauseum in previous threads. Basically, AK was originally conceived with an additional land called the Beastly Kingdom. Speculation is that this would have had attractions featuring fictional /mythical animals. Pandora fits into this scenario. And in AK a great deal of emphasis is placed on conservation and environmental protection. Again, Pandora lends itself to this.

The WDW info blog is exactly what it looked like last week. They did a good job of capturing the feel of claustrophobia. We still had a good time, but it's not as pretty as I remember it. We went in July too. I think there are more walls up now than then. I don't know what May will be like.

We were there yesterday. There were a lot of walls like others have said. I felt like were everywhere. With that said, I still wouldn't want to miss AK.

I am so worried about this! We love AK, it is a 2 day park for us, but I really won't like it if it is covered in walls. We aren't going until Sept, so I am just hoping that some of the walls will have come down by then. I would honestly rather see construction than walls, and I know my boys would rather see tools, dirt, trucks, etc than a bunch of walls!

Mythical worlds were always meant to be a part of DAK. Even before WWoHP . If you look over the entrance "wickets" you'll see three large carved heads, a dinosaur(animals that were) a Rhino? (sorry I've forgotten- animals that are) and a Dragon (mythical animals that never were ). A cast member pointed it out last Mothers day when I was there. The dragon head is surrounded by flowers and makes a beautiful picture.
There has always been a dragon at the center of the DAK Logo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter