Animal Kingdom concierge

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello all...my wife and I are arriving on Sunday...staying 2 nights in Jambo House and 2 nights in Jambo House concierge. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two ressies....what do you get with the concierge? I do know about the safaris....but that is all I do know....any and all info would be appreciated.
Thanks all...
Tom:cool1:

My family stayed at AK Concierge in July and we loved it. There is a private lobby and sitting area with games and a television for Concierge guests which is great. Of course the the best part is the non stop refreshments, snacks, food, deserts and cordials. There is a continental breakfast, snacks for lunch and a selection of dinner foods in the evening. Late night they have a desert and cordial selection. Soda, water, coffee, juice and certain beers are available all day long. You also can make all of your dinner plans and activities through the staff which is really a big help! We loved it so much we already have reservations for Concierge next July! It was just really nice to walk out of your room right into the private area and grab a drink or snack through out the day. Love the Cappacino machine!! I figured we saved $100 just on my cafe latte habit!! :woohoo:

My family stayed at AK Concierge in July and we loved it. There is a private lobby and sitting area with games and a television for Concierge guests which is great. Of course the the best part is the non stop refreshments, snacks, food, deserts and cordials. There is a continental breakfast, snacks for lunch and a selection of dinner foods in the evening. Late night they have a desert and cordial selection. Soda, water, coffee, juice and certain beers are available all day long. You also can make all of your dinner plans and activities through the staff which is really a big help! We loved it so much we already have reservations for Concierge next July! It was just really nice to walk out of your room right into the private area and grab a drink or snack through out the day. Love the Cappacino machine!! I figured we saved $100 just on my cafe latte habit!! :woohoo:

Is there an added cost for these “refreshments” or are the complimentary? Can you get a SV in Concierge?

ENjoy AKV Concierge! The food selections look quite nice!

Please post..Staying at AKV Concierge mid April 2 nights! Looking forward to it!

Let us know your experiences! ENJOY!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We're doing a week at AKV in August, and I'm considering doing a couple days at concierge level. Just curious -- what is the gratuity situation?

You've already paid for the food and beverage offerings through your points. So there is no extra cost. The Sunrise or Sunset Safari will cost extra if you can still book it. The Sunrise Safari only occurs twice a week if I remember correctly and I'm not sure which two days those are.

There are Savanna views (three savanna view two bedroom lockoffs - at least one is handicap accessible) and the other two two bedroom lockoffs are pool view.

Your Concierge DVC stay will be on the sixth floor. Your non-Concierge Jambo House DVC stay will be on the fifth floor.

You will also have full cleaning every day and turn down service at night.

There are no gratuities accepted by the staff on Concierge level, except for the housekeepers (but its not require since housekeeping is non-tipped position).

To DoctorK: You need to book AKV Concierge at 11 months out exactly to get if. If you are not an owner at AKV, you don't have much of a chance to get it. If you are past the 11 month check in day, it also will be very difficult to get.

You need to book AKV Concierge at 11 months out exactly to get if. If you are not an owner at AKV, you don't have much of a chance to get it. If you are past the 11 month check in day, it also will be very difficult to get.

OK, well that rules out our August trip. We'll be AKV owners in time to book at least a couple of days in Concierge for our April 2011 trip... (jotting that into my calendar now...) ;)

Thanks all...this sounds great....we were just lucky to get the 2 nights in concierge....problem is we won't want to stay anywhere else next time....we are going on the Disney Wonder on Thursday 9/24...will update all when we get back next Sunday....thanks again.
Tom:cool1:

Have a great trip!!! Will look forward to hearing about your concierge experience as well. We are lucky enough to have been able to book concierge for 8 nights in June and can't wait to experience it. :goodvibes

It is possible to get in to Club Level at AKV later than the 11-month mark, if you're going during a particularly slow time. I got 2 nights (and am wait-listed for a 3rd) for the end of January only a few weeks ago. At this point though, I'm not holding my breath for the third night, and just counting myself lucky that I got what I got.

There are Savanna views (three savanna view two bedroom lockoffs - at least one is handicap accessible) and the other two two bedroom lockoffs are pool view.

Darn. I thought all the rooms had a Savanna view!:( I really didn't know that.

How many rooms are there total in concierge? By what you said, it sounds like five?

There are 5, 2-bedroom lock-offs that can each be split into a studio and a one bedroom. So a maximum of 10 if none are booked as a 2 bedroom.

We stayed in a concierge studio for 10 nights last month. It was very nice! :)

Hi
we also managed to book AKV concierge for 2 nights 15th & 16th October at the end of our holiday so it is always worth trying at the 7 month date you just never know.

We fly out next Wednesday and are staying our first night at the tree house villas also booked at the 7 month window.

Enjoy your stay ate AKL:dance3:

You've already paid for the food and beverage offerings through your points. So there is no extra cost. The Sunrise or Sunset Safari will cost extra if you can still book it. The Sunrise Safari only occurs twice a week if I remember correctly and I'm not sure which two days those are.

Your Concierge DVC stay will be on the sixth floor. Your non-Concierge Jambo House DVC stay will be on the fifth floor.

You will also have full cleaning every day and turn down service at night.

There are no gratuities accepted by the staff on Concierge level, except for the housekeepers (but its not require since housekeeping is non-tipped position).

To DoctorK: You need to book AKV Concierge at 11 months out exactly to get if. If you are not an owner at AKV, you don't have much of a chance to get it. If you are past the 11 month check in day, it also will be very difficult to get.

Even the alcohol is free? (just wondering b/c I've stayed in other concierge--not here though---and food and soda was free, but they charged for alcohol). Also, how much is the safari per person? I really though they said on the DVC DVD that it was free for concierge guests. Very disappointing to find you have to pay for it.

Even the alcohol is free? (just wondering b/c I've stayed in other concierge--not here though---and food and soda was free, but they charged for alcohol). Also, how much is the safari per person? I really though they said on the DVC DVD that it was free for concierge guests. Very disappointing to find you have to pay for it.

Alcohol was free when we stayed at AKL Concierge level.

The Sunrise Safari runs about $50 per adult (age 10 and up) and a bit less for the children age 3-9. The Sunset Safari is a whole lot more. Both include a meal - Sunrise at AK, Sunset at Jiko. These are both Disney Tours with meals included, so a fee is appropriate. The Sunrise Safari is limited to AKV/AKL Concierge guests only. The Sunset Safari is limited to AKL/AKV guests only, but the concierge level guests pay a lesser fee than the non-Concierge guests.

Which safari are you talking about? The sunrise safari is about $60. It is only available to folks staying in concierge at AKL. I thought I remembered us getting $10 off that price with DVC, but I might be wrong. It includes breakfast at AK. The Wanyama safari includes dinner at Jiko and is open to anyone staying at AKL, not just concierge. The cost of that is $160 if staying concierge and $210 for those not in concierge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter