Animal Kingdom closes at 8:30pm in June 2020-no nighttime entertainment!?

momto2dkids

<font color=purple>Now blessed to be proud Mommy t
Disney's currently posted hours for our trip June 12-20th, 2020 has Animal Kingdom closing at 8:30pm. That would mean that there is no nighttime entertainment like Rivers of Light, etc.. I am kind of shocked at such an early closing, especially during the summer months when it stays light so much longer.

What are the chances that Disney will extend the closing to a later time by the time of our vacations?

Plus, evening entertainment is often not posted at the same time park hours initially are. Means nothing this far in advance.

I will be there 6/19-6/28 and totally agree...

I passed this gripe to someone from Disney who called me about another issue because I think it makes no sense for only one evening show to not be scheduled when park hours are announced.

FYI ROL schedule is NOW out and it’s every day at 9pm...even though the park is still scheduled to close at 8:30 which I don’t understand.

Agree with the others.
Worst case, is the park closes at that time and you do something else or stay for RoL.

Disney's currently posted hours for our trip June 12-20th, 2020 has Animal Kingdom closing at 8:30pm. That would mean that there is no nighttime entertainment like Rivers of Light, etc.. I am kind of shocked at such an early closing, especially during the summer months when it stays light so much longer.

What are the chances that Disney will extend the closing to a later time by the time of our vacations?
We will be there at the same time 😀

I will be there 6/19-6/28 and totally agree...

I passed this gripe to someone from Disney who called me about another issue because I think it makes no sense for only one evening show to not be scheduled when park hours are announced.

FYI ROL schedule is NOW out and it’s every day at 9pm...even though the park is still scheduled to close at 8:30 which I don’t understand.
Im not sure what you don't understand about scheduling the nighttime show after park closing. You should be getting a spot about 30 min before the show so the attractions close at 8:30 while everyone wanting to see RoL goes to grab a seat, they also perform the ToL awakenings after park closing while people leave.

Any thoughts about the 6pm closing dates in June being placeholders for after hours events?

The odds of the park hours, for all parks, remaining what they are now are something between nill and none

it’s pointless to make plans based on the hours now

It is VERY likely that June hours will change, probably sometime in May. Hours more than a month out are very seldom the final hours (except for Epcot, which always closes at 9)
Epcot has changed to a 9:30pm closing now with the new Epcot Forever show. Surprised me too!

ETA - looks like they're going back to the 9pm close in Jan, hmmm. Interesting.

Epcot has changed to a 9:30pm closing now with the new Epcot Forever show. Surprised me too!

They just go to 9:30 for holiday’s. They may do them again on weekends during food and wine. I can really remember what all charges for F&W

The later closings are just for the holidays. After New Years Eve, I expect that Epcot will go back to closing at 9:00.

They just go to 9:30 for holiday’s. They may do them again on weekends during food and wine. I can really remember what all charges for F&W
The later closings are just for the holidays. After New Years Eve, I expect that Epcot will go back to closing at 9:00.
Oh yeah, you're right. This year was the first time I noticed that all of the weekends in Oct & Nov had a 10:00p Epcot closing for F&W, and 9:30p closing from Thanksgiving thru all of December for the holidays. I thought maybe these changes came with Epcot Forever but these extra hours have been added for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter