Animal Kingdom - Best Places to take a Cool, Unique or Memorable Picture?

IMwink

Mouseketeer
Yes, this is another informtion gathering question from IMwink ;)
Yes, I will assemble them and place them on the main post.

When you go to Animal Kingdom Park, what are the best locations to take Memorable Pictures?

This includes Classic Must-do pics, Character Pics, Cut-out pics, statue pics, picture pics, scenery pics .... basicly anywhere to get good PICs!!!

Please include Photopass availability. Sometimes its good to get a picture of the whole family every once and a while.:grouphug:

B]The Oasis[/B]
- Baby Simba - The photopass photographers towards the front of the park and Discovery Island will take a picture with one of your kids holding their arms out like they are cradling a baby, and then superimpose baby Simba in their arms

DinoLand
- you can take cool posed pics with the dinosaur statues along the trails in the foliage.

Asia
- Rickshaw cart (Buggy pulled by human) - can you get in it? or just pose for pics
- Flights of Wonder - when they ask "who has a camera", be the first to raise your camera and get picked for a very cool demonstration. An owl will fly right over your head as you snap a pic.

Africa
The walkway between Africa & Asia. There are some great spots that view the Tree of Life, with plenty of plant life around. The other spot would be with Everest in the background. There is the prayer shrine that is on the way from Africa, and the other shrines as you exit & turn to your left. Both offer good foreground & backgrounds.

Camp Minnie Mickey

Discovery Island
- Tree of life Carvings
- bridge leaving the Tree and heading to Asia. There is a spot that you can get EE in the background.
- The Posters - inside the que for ITTBAB
- Bug Glasses - inside the ITTBAB gift shop and other gift shops

Rafiki's Planet Watch
- the vets - catch a picture of the vets performing check-ups
- Affection Section - petting zoo, great place for pics with the kids

In General
- The Kids Discovery Clubs - take a picture of your kids performing the tasks at the Discovery Club locations through out the park. There is one in each Major section of the park.
- Arcitechture - The buildings in AK are so cleverly weathered and distressed, that it's fun to take pictures of them to add atmosphere shots to your collection. Check out the crazy tangle of electric wiring coming from the buildings in Africa
- Signs - small signs posted around are very interesting. Almost as though English is not the first language of the person who wrote them.

Thank you

There is a walkway that goes next to the Tree of Life. I can't remember exactly where it is, but it's a perfect spot to take unobstructed pictures of the Tree. I looked at a map, but I can't place it. It's a spot where there are drums that kids can beat on, or that's what was there in 2005.

Photopass is always at the BEST spots - they have scouted out the premier locations and are there for a reason.

We like the walkway between Africa & Asia. There are some great spots that view the Tree of Life, with plenty of plant life around. The other spot would be with Everest in the background. There is the prayer shrine that is on the way from Africa, and the other shrines as you exit & turn to your left. Both offer good foreground & backgrounds.

Didn't know there was a photography board. Thanks.

I checked it out. It is not the right forum though. I went through about 10 pages and there are a lot of questions about equipment and stuff. I am not bringing that camara to Disney, well maybe to AK I can see it, but I don't want to worry about a $1000 camera and a $700 lens while I'm at Disney. I will leave that Camera at home.

I'm not looking to other users pics, or tips on how to shoot pics (unless we are talking about balancing the EPCOT ball on your Hand), just where they suggest to get a good pic in a park.

I am looking for fun pics, not the perfect pic of a gorilla (I'd go to the Zoo for that). And to me, knowing that there is a really cool pic opportunity at a park will affect my "strategy" in touring that park. There may be paths that I never go down unless I know to look for them.

These responses will feed my Animal Kingdom Tips Guide.

Thanks though. Really. Feel free to add your favorite spot to get a pic.

I really really love your guides. They have helped me so much in planning our trip. We leave tomorrow for WDW. Can't wait to use the ideas you have given us into practice. :thumbsup2:thanks:

A place we take pictures of is the bridge leaving the Tree and heading to Asia. There is a spot that you can get EE in the background. We have done this the past couple of times and it is cool to see how the family and background have changed.

Not the best picture in the world but I love that you cant see anyone in this picture. So often disney is swamped and its difficult to get a picture without people in it. Animal Kingdom offers a great chance to sneak away from some of the crowds and get pictures that truely look like your in another country.

DSC_0801.jpg

The photopass photographers towards the front of the park will take a picture with one of your kids holding their arms out like they are cradling a baby, and then superimpose baby Simba in their arms. Very cute. Also, the elusive Divine makes for some beautiful unique pictures if you can find her. I saw it reported here recently that had moved over to the oasis, but we saw her last week and she was on the pathway between Africa and Asia (very close to Tamu Tamu), which I believe has been her traditional spot for a long time. She is absolutely gorgeous!

I have great pics inside the tree at Bug's Life.
I've taken some either in front of the posters of the movies or next the carved out animals (i like the gorilla).
We'll take em w/ and w/o the bug glasses on also :-)

Not the best picture in the world but I love that you cant see anyone in this picture. So often disney is swamped and its difficult to get a picture without people in it. Animal Kingdom offers a great chance to sneak away from some of the crowds and get pictures that truely look like your in another country.

Great Pic!

There are 5 educational stations scattered around AK, where kids can chat with the CM and actually learn something. They think they are helping the CM and having fun. After the 5 minute visit/lesson, they get a little card that gets stamped each time they complete one of these stops.

The reason I'm mentioning it here on the photo op thread, is because of the cute pics you can catch of the kids helping the CM sort dinosaur bones or looking at live spiders.
Also, a great little break to look at your map or re-group. ;)

The buildings in AK are so cleverly weathered and distressed, that it's fun to take pictures of them to add atmosphere shots to your collection. Check out the crazy tangle of electric wiring coming from the buildings in Africa. AK is a great place to pay close attention to detail.

Also, the small signs posted around are very interesting. Almost as though English is not the first language of the person who wrote them. Very clever.

I know that one of the educational stations is in Rafiki's planet watch/Conservation station (which btw is a great place for a photo op), where are the other 4? Is there a description/listing for them anywhere?

Other great places for photos: Maharajah jungle trek and the queues for Kali River rapids and EE.

IMwink, great tips thread!

I know that one of the educational stations is in Rafiki's planet watch/Conservation station (which btw is a great place for a photo op), where are the other 4? Is there a description/listing for them anywhere?

We only found 3.
1. In Asia, on the way to EE, near the monkeys.
2. In Dinoland, somewhere.
3. As you leave ITTBAB.

I wish I could be more helpful! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter