Animal Kingdom Advice.

trennr

"Nater" DISDad #104
I went to Animal Kingdom on June 9, 2006 (Friday).

I notice after 3-4pm the park was basically empty.

It's Tough Being a Bug...no wait.

I had a Fastpass for Dinosaur...didn't need it...no line.

I had a 5:45 Fastpass for Everest...while I was glad I had the Everst FP the line was very short maybe about 20 min.

Me and my DS's rode the River Rapids 3 times with no wait. Then we did the Jungle Trek...almost totally by ourselves.

And we went back to Africa for one of the last Saffari Rides @ 7:25pm.
We had a bus to ourselves...and the "big daddy" Lion was up and pacing...thought he was going to charge the bus. I saw allot more animals @ 7:25pm than I did @ 9:45am.

We got allot more park done in the hours after the Jammin' Jungle parade til close than we did from 9:00 to 4:00.

So my best advice is...contrary to popular advice...do the Animal Kingdom late and save the Safari til the end of the day.

That is great to hear! We have been waiting to ride EE and plan to head to AK our first afternoon as soon as we arrive.

We have found this to be true at the othe parks as well. We get in more ride time during the last hour the park is open than we do all day. We've learned to adjust our schedule for this. Now, we are usually just 2 adults, with very few "must do" on our list, so it works for us.

Hmm...more animals in the late day for Safari...might have to end the park on that but the winter pattern(going in Dec.) could be different than late spring/early summer possibly.

Was it by chance an early magic hour that day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter