Animal Kingdom addition/BEASTLY KINGDOM RETURNS

Woozle13

Earning My Ears
Another possible leak here for one of the WDW parks. Could Disney be expanding/renovating a section at each of the 4 parks in the coming year?

http://softopening.blogspot.com/2009/07/beastly-kingdom-returns.html

I always felt that Beastly Kingdom sounded awesome! It would be a great addition IMO. :yay:
And with the Fantasyland redo rumor out there...
I would assume the expansion of Pixar place with the Monsters Inc. coaster would be the addition at DHS.
What could they have in store for Epcot?

go ahead and expand DAK and DHS but don't touch MK or EPCOT.
don't expand on Walt Disney created to what he wanted.

go ahead and expand DAK and DHS but don't touch MK or EPCOT.
don't expand on Walt Disney created to what he wanted.

Boy, you sure are crabby, wish... did we forget our nap today?

Let's recount the attractions at the MK that are original or from Walt's Disneyland vision, shall we?

Autopia - Tomorrowland Speedway. Stays according to blueprint.
Monorail - no worries.
WDW Railroad - ditto.
Dumbo - update & expansion. Stays.
Small World - Stays.
Teacups - Stay.
Peter Pan's Flight - Stays.
Snow White - looks like it stays, although many don't believe it should.
Tom Sawyer Island - stays, so far. Needs a refurb, IMO, because I love it and would hate to see it go.
Tiki Room - don't get me started, but stays in current incarnation.
Jungle Cruise - dated, but still funny. Stays.
Haunted Mansion - stays.
Pirates - wish it was longer/more in-depth like DL (or that they had build the Western River Expedition instead), but stays.

The rest? Not really part of "Walt's vision," hey?

Even your beloved Space Mountain was not part of Walt's original DL plan now, was it? Splash? Not so much. Big Thunder? Not so much. I could go one, but you really need to get some rest.

Frankly, the Imagineers have done a pretty darn good job of updating "Walt's vision" over the decades, IMOVHO. Tearing out Toontown, a cramped Ariel's Grotto, and an afterthought Pooh Playground will not compromise that, unless you have some compelling evidence from Walt or Roy's will that you're holding out on.

Chill.

Even your beloved Space Mountain was not part of Walt's original DL plan now, was it? Splash? Not so much. Big Thunder? Not so much. I could go one, but you really need to get some rest.

Actually Space Mountain was indeed one of Walt's plans before he passed away...it was very early on, but it was being started with his approval

I hope they do make Beastly Kingdom, ever since I heard about it I've been mad they never actually made it. And I think they are doing a pretty good job keeping MK and Epcot updated.. out of everything listed above I'd like Tom Sawyer's Island to be updated the most though. And new attractions to not be Pixar based. Getting a couple of regular, non-movie inspired ideas (unless they're just class disney) out there would be great. That's one reason Beastly Kingdom would be perfect right now.

I must question the validity of this site. Screamscape and this random blog really don't seem like the greatest rumor authority. Maybe it's Jim Hill in disguise. I really have trouble believing this until someone like wdwinfo.com, wdwmagic.com, or disney.com confirms this.

I must question the validity of this site. Screamscape and this random blog really don't seem like the greatest rumor authority. Maybe it's Jim Hill in disguise. I really have trouble believing this until someone like wdwinfo.com, wdwmagic.com, or disney.com confirms this.

and i have to say the same.
this is why i disagree with every rumor.
oh and i don't need naps, but thanks to whoever asked.
guess people just don't respect WDW like i do.

screamscape.com has been around for over a decade. They've broken the story on a LOT of rumors that became true, but it's only as good as its sources.

The problem with rumors about theme parks, Disney especially, is that a project could be green-lit, ready to go, and then dropped or changed dramatically after that (See the original Beastly Kingdom, Africa pavilion at EPCOT for examples).

So as always with rumors, they're not news until it's official, even then, don't get your hopes too high until the ride or attraction opens, but don't blame the RUMOR sites if it happens that they don't become reality.

guess people just don't respect WDW like i do.
Yes. That's right. People who want to see new, innovative ideas and creativity have "no respect." Boy, I sure am glad there are people like you around to protect WDW from the rest of us heathens. :worship:

I watched a documentary on Disney's live-action films recently, and Kurt Russell was one of the interviewees. They were talking about what happened to the studio after Walt died (the "Computer Wore Tennis Shoes" era :happytv:), and Kurt said something like this:

"Everybody walked around and said things like 'Don't worry, things will stay exactly the same as before, we won't change anything.' And I thought, that's exactly the problem - when Walt was alive things NEVER stayed the same. He was always looking for new ideas, pushing forward, innovating."

IMO, that's how the Imagineers keep "Walt's vision" and "respect" for WDW alive - by changing, adapting, innovating, looking forward, and not resting on their laurels because some people just "want things to stay the way they are."

Walt Disney was a creative genius, a man who would never have been happy just sitting around and watching the paint dry. His nephew Roy tells a story about how, when he was in the hospital dying, he would stare at the ceiling tiles and map out EPCOT.

It's a shame he never got the chance to move his visions forward.

I think an addition to Animal Kingdom would be much welcomed....hopefully a section that was a little bit cooler temperature! Hollywood Studios also needs a lot of TLC for the park as a whole in my opinion. I like Epcot just fine, but I hate seeing some pretty big buildings lay idle (Wonders of Life pavillion and the place between Future World and World Showcase who's name escapes me all the time). I also like the Magic Kingdom just fine, but liked some of the older rides better than their new incarnations (i.e. Stitch's great Escape). I don't think any parks need to be expanded except Animal Kingdom (even though it is THE largest park), and the Studios needs to be totally reworked.

By the way, why do these rumor threads always start arguments? I think we should all take anything posted in this board with a grain of salt and just realize that until Disney itself confirms anything, that everything else is just hear-say! Truth is NO ONE knows what WDW would be like if Walt was still here, so there's no sense in saying Walt would have wanted this or that or would have done things this way or that way! Remember...WDW is a magical place, meant to be an escape from the real world and provide smiles for adults and kids...not arguments! :)

Well, whether you believe this one or not - it seems to me to be in the much earlier stages than the recent MK expansion...more drawing board than anything...so at this stage whether its true or not doesn't matter, because until it gets the OK from the brass, it's just not going to happen.

However, park expansion is likely to happen at DHS and AK eventually - as attendance grows, they need more rides to keep up with the # of guests.
(understanding that the current downturn is a *blip* and they continue to grow attendance in the big scheme.)

SkierPete

By the way, why do these rumor threads always start arguments? I think we should all take anything posted in this board with a grain of salt and just realize that until Disney itself confirms anything, that everything else is just hear-say! Truth is NO ONE knows what WDW would be like if Walt was still here, so there's no sense in saying Walt would have wanted this or that or would have done things this way or that way! Remember...WDW is a magical place, meant to be an escape from the real world and provide smiles for adults and kids...not arguments! :)

because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. and instead of someone just giving their opinion, people disagree with you and give you their opinion. so its just argruements all over the place. we read the sources all we want, but since we are on a forum everyone is allowed to write their opinions and stick with their story even when people are sayings you're wrong.

because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. and instead of someone just giving their opinion, people disagree with you and give you their opinion. so its just argruements all over the place. we read the sources all we want, but since we are on a forum everyone is allowed to write their opinions and stick with their story even when people are sayings you're wrong.

Oh, I'm not saying we can't disagree, but sometimes we all get a little too defensive and show a little too much attitude sometimes! Myself included! I am all for a discussion and differences in opinion, but sometimes it gets a little too heated! :thumbsup2

I would love that. I've always thought it odd to see so many things at AK with the dragon motif and no Beastly Kingdom. Another thrill ride and maybe some unicorns (hey, I was a 6 year old girl once!)...bring it on.

Has anyone heard if the new Beastly Kingdom, (which is suppose to be more like Mysterious Island from TDS), will have a 20,000 Leagues ride along with the rumored Journey to the Center of the Earth?:hippie:

Has anyone heard if the new Beastly Kingdom, (which is suppose to be more like Mysterious Island from TDS), will have a 20,000 Leagues ride along with the rumored Journey to the Center of the Earth?:hippie:
Most of the rumors have said that Journey will be part of any expansion but there's been no mention of 20,000 Leagues. I wouldn't get real excited about this idea yet, there have been many other rumors about Beastly Kingdom and they haven't come true so this one probably won't either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter