Animal Kingdom -- 2 bed w/ a studio attached

rubymom

Earning My Ears
Oh my goodness. I hope this makes sense. (I'm asking for the person in our family who will make this reservation).

What is the best view/room/space we should ask for, keeping in mind we are looking for a 2 bedroom with a studio attached?

Thank you so much for your help!

Do you mean a lock off 2 bedroom? A studio attached to a 1 bedroom making a 2 bedroom? Instead of a dedicated 2 bedroom. Because there are no 2 bedrooms attached to studios. The lockoff is its own category which you choose when booking. Do you own at AKV? You can choose your view based on your preference and how many points you want to use. You can also choose Jambo or Kidani. Not sure exactly what you were asking though.

Thank you very much. I'm not even sure what I'm asking, since I'm just posting for the one who will make the reservation.

I know there will be 7 adults, and 2 children (7 years old, and 4 years old).

I'm sorry; I know I don't make much sense!

Definitely go with Kidani with that many adults. You'll get 3 bathrooms. That's assuming you're booking a 2 bedroom lockoff as I'm guessing. Might be tight. Maybe you are looking to book a 2 bedroom and a studio also. I'd check with the person who's making the reservation. It's hard to give you advice without knowing what you need.

You can ask for the 2 bedroom and the studio to be close together but this will not be guaranteed. I'd say your chances would be better at Kidani. Lower level rooms tend to have a better view of the savannah.

You have 1BRs that attach to a studio making what is called a 2BR lock-off. You also have 2BRs that can only be a 2BR and have one entry door called a dedicated 2BR. However, no DVC resort has a 2BR that also attaches to a studio. If you want a 3BR unit you must get a Grand Villa. The Grand Villa would easily hold your group comfortably. You can attempt to fit all your group in a 2BR but don't expect that to be anything other than a close fit. The AKV 2BR savanna or standard views sleep up to 9. They have a king in the master bedroom, a pullout-out queen couch and a fold out sleeper chair in the living room, and either two queens (the dedicated 2Rs at Kidani), or a queen and pullout double couch (the lock-off 2BRs in Jambo and Kidani) for the second bedroom. NIne is a tight fit in a 2BR but if you are going to do it I would suggest Kidani because there is an extra (third) bathroom and the rooms are significantly larger than the ones in Jambo. If you want a 2BR and a separate studio you can reserve those and ask that they be close to each other but there is no guarantee they will be close to each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter