• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal encounters at Busch Gardens or Seaworld

orlandochick

Earning My Ears
We are due to visit Busch gardens and Seaworld during our trip in Feb. I was hoping to book my children, aged 6 (almost 7) and 5 and animal encounter of some kind at either of these parks. It would be a Christmas present.

Not with dolphin however as we are doing a dolphin swim in Nassau as part of our Disney cruise.

Thanks in advance :)

For your kids I would recomend the Penguins Up Close tour at SeaWorld. i have personally done this tour and its fantastic and I really feel your kids will love going into the cold and seeing penguins up close and petting them. Its a pretty cool tour and a special experience.

Also around the park take the cahcne to feed the sealion,s dolphins, sting rays. Its pretty cool too and a specail moment.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

For your kids I would recomend the Penguins Up Close tour at SeaWorld. i have personally done this tour and its fantastic and I really feel your kids will love going into the cold and seeing penguins up close and petting them. Its a pretty cool tour and a special experience. Also around the park take the cahcne to feed the sealion,s dolphins, sting rays. Its pretty cool too and a specail moment. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

My kids (2 and 5) freak out over the penguins at our zoo (St. Louis). It's their favorite part, especially walking in the cold building. I'll have to look into this for sure. Thanks for suggesting it, glad I clicked this thread :)

My kids (2 and 5) freak out over the penguins at our zoo (St. Louis). It's their favorite part, especially walking in the cold building. I'll have to look into this for sure. Thanks for suggesting it, glad I clicked this thread :)

Penguins Up Close Tour

It's more than just "walk in, touch a penguin, leave". It's 45 minutes long, and a "walking tour" through behind the scenes areas (Antarctica isn't a very big exhibit, so I don't imagine there would be tons of walking, but still, strollers probably wouldn't be allowed, so be aware of that). If the walking and the time aren't a huge concern, and they're really interested in the behind the scenes stuff more than penguin specific, the Behind the Scenes Tour is cheaper and lasts twice as long, and includes a chance to touch a penguin, in addition to a shark.

My husband and 9 year old son just did the penguin encounter for Father's Day. They both loved everything about Seaworld, but agreed that was the coolest thing they have ever one. I highly recommend it!

In addition to the Penguins Up-Close Tour, I've heard that the Wild Arctic Up-Close Experience is good, too. I haven't personally done it, but I really want to someday.

Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone know if Seaworld provide a gift certificate or similar for these encounters and nice presentation envelopes? Just thinking with them being gifts that's all.

Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone know if Seaworld provide a gift certificate or similar for these encounters and nice presentation envelopes? Just thinking with them being gifts that's all.

SeaWorld does provide gift certificates/cards, but I'm not sure if you can get them specifically for the tours and animal encounters. I would give them a call (1-888-800-5447) and ask.

We have done the Wild Arctic Tour, Penguin Up Close, Beluga Encounter and the Sea Encounter. We can recommend each of them, they are amazing encounters.

For the kids your age, I would recommend the Wild Arctic Tour or the Penguin Up Close. The Wild Arctic Tour gives you the opportunity to see many different animals. They don't guarantee any particular animal but you could get seals, penguins, walrus, beluga (usually 3 from the list)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter